Avatar: TatianaDokuchic Varriale
VW: Second Life

Donate to LHVW

[AoR] News ~ June 1, 2024

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
3 months ago
1,919 posts

We’ve all been taking advantage of the fine spring weather to nurture our gardens, add to our recipes, and sail our seas.  Here are a few highlights.

Household Challenge (HHC)

Congratulations to all the participants of the April Challenge, you did good!

• Aph
  • Candace
  • Maria & Adrian’s Family
  • Mikhail
  • Queen’s Hamlet Family
  • Thomas & Catherine’s Family

The June Challenge highlights some of our brand-new recipes:

• 1 (16 units) Brie Cheese
  • 1 (8 units) Lobster Tails
  • 1 (8 units) Strawberry Tart
  • 1 (4 units) Peppermint Tea
  • 1 (5 units) Apple Brandy

[AoR] Household Management Challenge - Age Of Reason | livinghistoryvw.com

Buying in Bulk

Three new items are now available in the Market, Bulk Cheese (80 units), Bulk Milk (640 units), and Bulk Whey (120 units).

These items join the current selection of:

• Bulk Beeswax Candles (35 units)
  • Bulk Bread (40 units)
  • Bulk Brown Ale (40 units)
  • Bulk Small Beer (40 units)
  • Bulk Sugar (80 units)

If anyone is interested in selling Bulk Butter (80 units) please contact Tat and I will set up the Packer to make that possible.

Brand-new Culinary Delights

Two new additions to our Seafood menu for us to enjoy:

• Lobster Tails
  • Fried Crab

We’re really getting fancy with all the new seafood!

Market Update

The Queen’s Hamlet is pleased to now be offering the full variety of cheeses hand-crafted in the hamlet.  Look for them at the QH Wine & Cheese stall.  The QH has also launched a new Seafood stall with produce caught fresh daily.  Tat now has to get up pretty early in the morning to catch the finest fish!

Early Morning Fishing by Candace

AoR Fishing by Candace.png

Most early mornings, you will find me sailing out to the fish bait traps around Belle Ile en Mer and the Bay of Naples in search of fresh fish, while keeping myself warm in the cool air with a robust strong coffee I've prepared beforehand.  It's an enjoyable way to begin the day - breathing in the sea air whilst getting in some physical exercise before tending to my other chores, which do not require quite as much stamina.

I am happy to report that I am usually successful in catching something, the waters being plentiful. 

A daily meal of fish does help keep one healthy!

Some of my fish fillets may end up smoked, dried, salted or pickled in the days ahead if I can't eat them all!

If you have any stories, photos, achievements etc. that you would like to share with the community please send them to me for inclusion in the next newsletter.

Cheers!

Tat

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site