Queen's Hamlet
Donate to LHVW

G&S Tools: Use & Care

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

There are a number of nifty G&S tools that can make everyday life a lot easier. Here's a quick look at some of their uses & care.

842_discussions.png?width=500

Any blacksmith can tell you that his/her tools (pickaxe, hammer & tongs) are an essential part of their working process. The same goes for a carpenter (axe, chisel, mallet & broom) and a butcher (butcher knife). These tools are essential and the job cannot be done without them.

Farmers will find that a sickle will make caring for crops a whole lot easier as it adds 2 points to each roll of the dice. Mine have saved me many extra meals (energy saved on extra dice rolls for caring) even though I tend to look like the grim-reaper as I run from one crop to the next ;)

Goat tenders may make use of verr shears as well as a divest knife to increase the chances of more wool and more meat.

Tools may be purchased at the Market or through a Blacksmith .

ALL tools, essential or otherwise, wear down over time and will need to be repaired. Master versions, which last longer before needing repair, can be found for most of the essential tools (pickaxe, hammer, tongs, axe, chisel, mallet).

Tools may be repaired bya Blacksmith . The repair cost is up to the individual smith.

The Co-op will also purchase worn tools (at half their original value) so if you have any laying around contact Tatiana.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 22 Oct 2016 04:22:24AM