Living History
Donate to LHVW

Decades Festival: Call for RP Community Listings in SL and Elsewhere

Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

If you are involved in any historical RP community in Second Life or any other grid, please send me the name, historical focus, and SLURL or Hypergrid address for that community. THis information will be disseminated to visitors to the Decades Festival in SL on June 27. Send info to StephanieMesler@gmail.com or to Freda Frostbite in Google Plus or in Second Life. We want to include everyone so spread the word, please.

Thanks!

Steph/Freda

updated by @stephanie-mesler: 06 Oct 2016 06:35:09AM
Prince de Craon
@charles-juste-prince-de-beauveau-et-craon
9 years ago
47 posts

Greetings! I'm about to open a roleplay XVIII Century based. I'm still building but hope to open very soon. However, I guess that my players will come from internet, because is rare abandon SL and move to OSGrid unless you where creator.

I will send you news. Kind regards.

Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

Is this the 18th century RP I heard is coming to Kitely? You can find me there as well as SL. I am Freda Frostbite in both grids.

Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

Regency Somerset, Argyle, Antiquity in SL

Regency Somerset is Set during the English Regency ( current year is 1815, we move the clock forward in real time) The Reign of George the IV, the Prince Regent, the Napolonic Wars, Jane Austen.

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
9 years ago
359 posts

The Antiquity Owners Group has established a beachhead in Kitely. Jacon Cortes is in the process of furnishing a satisfying interpretation of Blenheim House; Crotian Egerton has created a wonderful English castle with Norman provenance and a few centuries of meandering construction around the original bailey in full accordance with medieval and renaissance building habits; a few others of us have planted small constructions and are thinking about things to do with the land surrounding them.

We are amazed at how much land and how many prims we can get for a modest investment in Kitely! It makes experimentation so easy. However, the "derez everything when no-one's there" business model that makes Kitely so cheap does place a limit on the joyful spontaneous exploration that is such a delight of SL. We are hoping the two locations will complement each other, therefore, but don't expect Antiquity in Kitely to replace Antiquity in SL.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

I have 30 sims in Kitely myself. I am not in the least bothered by having to wait 30-40 seconds before TPing. I do the exploration on the Explore Worlds page and then wait for the world I want to visit to rez. The Kitely system does eliminate the possibility of just wandering the grid like I did when I first joined SL. But I donlt mind wandering the website instead.

What I miss in all of opensim is the STUFF available in SL. I keep expecting the creators and merchants to flock there in droves because they can do what they do so much cheaper than in sl. I mean, 30 sims for $35 a month is a pretty danged good deal.

Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

Oh and thanks for the info!

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
9 years ago
252 posts

Good evening

I am very pleased to see this topic being discussed. As Princess Tiamat mentioned, Antiquity has founded a location on the Kitely Grid and started building of Blenheim Palace to serve as the Summer Palace for the coming Antiquity British Court, the Princess Royal of Antiquity, and all the Royal Family and Nobles. It is our hope to expand our exposure to more people and serve to compliment our SL Location. Prince Crotian and Princess Twelfthnight have also been in the process of building a wonderful castle.

It is my hope, that we see more either expansions of courts from SL or new upcoming courts, that can work together to promote our historical lifestyles. Yes, we may be from different eras, but we do all love the basic idea of historical life.

One thought. In the near future, SL 2 will be entering closed beta, and may be open for business by this time next year. This will create an interesting choice that many in SL had never even contemplated. Logging on to or moving to a different grid. As we are still unsure what type of effect SL2 will have on our current SL, one thing is starting to be very clear. Multiple worlds are here and we should embrace it.

I will prepare the landing area and repost a hypergrid link for our Kitely location in the next few days. I would be more then happy to place signs for your rp Louis or your area Stephanie, in our visitors area. My jewelry store will be there as well, which i hope will bring visitors as well.

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

Thanks for the offer, but my regions in Kitely are, so far, incomplete. I am using 9 of my sims to create The 12 Realms, setting for a series of books I have been working on for years. (Ermengarde The Expansive, first in that line came out a couple years ago.) My partner in all my lives, including the one lived on solid ground, is using nine more to create a world of Florida fiction. A friend has plans for four of my sims. Four will be used to home a project I am not quiet ready to announce and one will be Freda's Place in Kitely.

It seems to me opensim has a lot to offer creators. Low cost and huge prim allowances are just the start. When the next generation of SL comes along, I hope it is accessible to all of us, but suspect it may not be. I bought my Kitely land as a long-term investment in virtual worlds.

Please send me the hypergrid address for your wolds in Kitely, Jacon. One way to let people know what is available in opensim is to share that info at the Decades Festival.

BTW-- anyone in opensim, please find me, Freda Frostbite, in Kitely and friend me.