Living History
Donate to LHVW

Opening Night Festivities - Saturday, September 17 12PM SLT

Baharat Atlas
@baharat-atlas
13 years ago
19 posts

Dear Audience,
It is our great pleasure to announce the Academie Royale de Musiques Opening Night Festivities heralding the new program season! Join us at the Languedoc Ballroom and Opera House Saturday, September 17 for a splendid afternoon of music and dance:

12:00 PM SLT Patrons Masquerade Ball and Gala with DJ Shintoryu Allen
1:00 PM SLT Maestro Billy Mikoyan and the Billy Mikoyan Orchestra

Later at 2:00 PM, Lady Ceci Dover sings live at the grand opening of the Duchys very first restaurant, the Skull and Crossbones Restaurant.

The season continues with many new faces and shows. We have expanded our program to include the performing arts - bringing you intriguing stage plays, spectacular dance routines and several inspiring mini-festivals leading up to our crown jewel, the 3rd Annual Music and Arts Festival. We are also hosting a new series this fall, the Sacred Sundays Series, featuring meditative and sacred music in our Languedoc Chapel.

Our new theme for this years program is Decadent and Daring. Artists are encouraged to look for ways to consider this theme in selecting music and designing performance routines.
As you can see, the year is full of fantastic events. Please join us as we embark upon our most decadent and daring journey yet!

Best regards,

Baharat Atlas

updated by @baharat-atlas: 06 Oct 2016 06:09:11AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,907 posts
I'm really looking forward to this new season. Can't wait to get started!!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Baharat Atlas
@baharat-atlas
13 years ago
19 posts
Thank you Tat! Me too...it's all so exciting!!
Quecay
@quecay
13 years ago
123 posts

I am sure that all will be perfect, Baharat, because you are a great organizer.

We, the Coeur residents and Coeur friends, appreciate your effort.

Thank you !!

Madame Desireme Fallen
@madame-desireme-fallen
13 years ago
110 posts

The invitations are very beautiful......I cannot wait for the gala! Thank you for the amazing music programs you have provided this past year and to the upcoming season that you have so teasingly given us a sneak peek at!!!

Smiling, like a glass of the finest wine, this is to be savored!

Baharat Atlas
@baharat-atlas
13 years ago
19 posts

So delighted you too are excited about the opening night festivities! Can hardly wait to see your dress!!

Baharat Atlas
@baharat-atlas
13 years ago
19 posts
You are most kind, thank you. It is a pleasure and I thoroughly enjoy my role. I am really looking forward to this season - so many wonderful events in store!
Baharat Atlas
@baharat-atlas
13 years ago
19 posts
Oh my dear yes!! So many ways to explore the decadent -- if you dare, that is. I'm nearly beside myself with excitement. Thank you for your kind words.
Solange Maria Krost
@solange-maria-krost
13 years ago
4 posts
eu estou muito ansiosa pela essa nova temporada, eu gostaria de me manda-se a land do local para que eu possa participar das festividades, obrigada
Baharat Atlas
@baharat-atlas
13 years ago
19 posts
sera agradable verle - espero que puede venir este Sabado - bienvenida; lo siento Solange, mi portuguese no es tan bueno, pero espanol tambien nos ayuda - sonrisas
Lady Bluebird of Orkney
@lady-bluebird-of-orkney
13 years ago
81 posts
I am desolate! My first ball and performance in the Duch, and SL first denied me sound, then all colors except grey, and finally any presence at all. (Now I don't seem to be able to get back into SL, even to my own house.) My deepest apologies for missing this event. (I also apologize if I was missing critical items of clothing during any of my brief appearances.)
Baharat Atlas
@baharat-atlas
13 years ago
19 posts

My dear Lady Bluebird - I am sorry to hear of your misfortune in SL today. SL can be flaky at times. Rest assured that there will be many more balls and concerts for you to enjoy. On my way home, my system crashed -I was unable to get back in SL for 10 mins. So you were not alone today- I suspect many were wrestling with SL inone form or another.

We look forward to seeing you at the next event!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,907 posts

I have an old computer that is apparently powered by an aging hamster ;) This means that well attended events can be a problem for me (my hamster just can't keep up - lol).

What I usually do is set my Preferences-Graphics way down before attending. A low Draw Distance, in particular, really helps. I also try to get there ahead of the crowd and then just stand in the same spot.

I don't know if these tips will help you but it may beworth trying :))

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,907 posts

Wasn't that a party!!

Many thanks to everyone that helped make this opening such a wonderful event.

Thank you so much, Baharat for all your hard work. I'm looking forward to this season!!

--
Lady Bluebird of Orkney
@lady-bluebird-of-orkney
13 years ago
81 posts

I wonder if your hamster is related to my hamster ....

I will definitely try low draw and the come early, stand-in-one-place approach next time. Apparently the sound problem was unrelated to the age of the hamster. My computer thought that whatever produces sound in SL was a Very Bad Thing and quarantined it.

Baharat Atlas
@baharat-atlas
13 years ago
19 posts

Yes indeed it was!! We had57 people in attendance!! What a delight to see so many enjoying themselves and the music. DJ Shin did a marvelous job with music selection! And of course, Skye once again amazed us with her talent for decorating - the ballroom was simply gorgeous!

More to come so keep checking the calendar for our spectacular events!

Baharat Atlas
@baharat-atlas
13 years ago
19 posts
You might also have to go into your firewall and change the settings for SL.