Living History
Donate to LHVW

Congratulations SL Olympians!

Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
12 years ago
157 posts

We want to offer our congratulations to everyone who took part in the recent 18th century Olympics, whether it was as a planner, organizer, spectator, judge or competitor. It was a lot of fun. How much fun was it? I think the image below sums it up:

1802_discussions.png?width=750

Here we have the award ceremony that took place following the Searhorse races on Thursday evening. The winners were Renonys d'Aquitaine with Gold, Zohee Goldwater with Silver and Prissy Solvang with Bronze... and there they were, being cheered by pirates and mer-people and court folks, still on their silly bobbing seahorses, still wearing their flippy fish-tails...we were all so proud of these ladies...

Is that fun, or what?

People played hard and partied hard, and everyone did their best. And I think we all learned a lot that can be applied next time. We're looking forward to the next one very much.

Again, congratulations to everyone.

updated by @aldo-stern: 06 Oct 2016 06:14:00AM
Lady Aphrodite Macbain
@lady-aphrodite-macbain
12 years ago
27 posts

It was so much fun, especially in the watery depths

Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
12 years ago
157 posts

The seahorse race course was really beautifully done, too.

Quecay
@quecay
12 years ago
123 posts

Quecay is thinking she should make more social life !

How is possible not have heard about this original, timely and funny activity?

Thanks for sharing all these fantastic images

Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
12 years ago
264 posts

These really were great fun, everyone was very sportsmanlike, and there was a great deal of amity between the courts. Well done ... we are looking forward to the next one as well! Congratulations to all participants!

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
12 years ago
252 posts

Aldo, thank you so much for participating...and doing such a wonderful job on the archery. It was a busy week, and I have to thank everyone, that helped pull this all together. It was my hope, to bring people together in a fun way, get to meet people that live in our same time periods whose paths we would not normally cross. Many people worked very hard and in the end, I think it was a fun time for all. The competitions were tough, and that made it all the more exciting.

Again, thank you Aldo and everyone for helping make the 1st Olympiad an event to remember. Six months from now, I hope to see everyone again for the next games....:))

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB