Living History
Donate to LHVW

New Maîtresse d'Armes in Melioria

Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
12 years ago
157 posts

We, the Members of the Council of Regents of Il Principato di Meliroa are pleased to have the honor of announcing the appointment of la Donna Wulfride Blitzen (aka Ancasta Resident) as the new Matresse d'Armes for the benefit of the Principality, and the edification and entertainment of its Residents, as well as all and sundry Visitors who may profess an interest in this Art,whose object is the protection of one's Honor and Country, and which is a part or even the foundation of Military Sciences; this beautiful Accomplishment that gives also Grace, Ease, and Vigour to the body, as it gives motion to every limb and throws the frame into the most noble Attitude

1900_discussions.jpg?width=750

Furthermore, this announcement is to give Notice to all Gentlemen and Ladies who desire to learn the right Method and true Art of Defence and pursuit of the small sword in its greatest Perfection, and extraordinary quick and speedy with all the guard, Parades, Mounts and lessons thereto belonging, fully described, and the best Rule for Playing against Artists or Others with Blunts or Sharps; that they may be taught the same by La Donna Wulfride, Professoressa and Misstress of the said Art, who is to be communicated with directly in order to engage her services in teaching in Private or Publick as the prospective Student may prefer.

Further, as previously mentioned, on a monthly basis (and other times as may be determined), la Donna Wulfride and the Council of Regents shall host competitions at those times, and do most respectfully invite any Gentleman or Lady who is skillful in the art of Fencing, to honor us with your presence and to participate in the general Assault. The room shall be well illuminated, and politeness anddecorum will scrupulously be maintained on the Pistes and in the viewing Gallery of the facility which is commonly known as Templars' hall.

Bandages and brandy are available on-site.

updated by @aldo-stern: 06 Oct 2016 06:15:11AM
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
12 years ago
647 posts

First I was shocked, because all I read was 'NewMatresse', which, of course, as Madame du Barry, made me feel incredibly passed by! :P Then I was glad to read it was a about aMatresse d'Armes! :D Sounds like it shall be fun!

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
12 years ago
359 posts

I am very relieved that the medicinal imperative of brandy at such strenuous meetings of honour has been duly considered and arranged, Professore Stern.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
12 years ago
157 posts

Ladies, thank you for your interest. In my judgement, I think Donna Wulfride will do a splendid job. Based upon my own experience in which she defeats me with an appalling regularity, I have every confidence she has the skills and character to be of assistance. The fencing hall itself has been developed with input from various experienced fencing masters and champions, including Signor Myron Verne, and Signor Ex Somme -- hence the availability of useful augmentations to literally and figuratively assuage the sting of competition.

Sir Thomas Cave
@sir-thomas-cave
12 years ago
145 posts

Welcome andCongratulationsDonna Wulfride Blitzen. This is a wonderfulendeavor, is something I look forward to taking part in (if times allows). Apart fromGrace, Ease, and Vigour, as Signor said, its also a good way to impress, and even lure the lovely ladies about. *glances around* (lol).

Comtesse de Chiverny (Wulfriðe)
@comtesse-de-chiverny-wulfrie
12 years ago
12 posts

Thank you Professore, and thank you to the Council too. I will endeavour to do my best as is humanly possible after copious amounts of coffee from our coffee house.

I am also available for beginners lessons should you wish to develop a better technique at keeping robbers and brigands away from your carriage, and of course the peasant masses. Please send me a massage via your best Valets should you wish to learn the way of this noble art.
There is indeed plenty of Brandy available for prospective fencers and guests, but the leaches have been removed to save the sanity of the moreSqueamishamongst you.

Comtesse de Chiverny (Wulfriðe)
@comtesse-de-chiverny-wulfrie
12 years ago
12 posts

Thank you, and I look forward to filling you with many holes...*cough*...letting you win ;)

Quecay
@quecay
12 years ago
123 posts

Grace, Ease, Vigor, impress and lure lovely ladies

Congratulations Donna Wulfride and Professore for such a splendid initiative. I am sure that your competitions will be a great success and enjoyment for players and spectators.