Living History
Donate to LHVW

Versailles' Second Photography Competition

MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
11 years ago
647 posts

Versailles is holding a second photography competition! I have seen that the members from the 18th century community have a lot of great Second Life photography skills, and what better location to show off these skills then Versailles? Last year when I hold it around the same time, we got some wonderful photos, and the then winner was Brownbat Resident (she was not in the management in that time, thus could participate). We had some amazing entries from Candance, Serenya, Lisamarie, Sophia, etc. too! I hope it will be as competitive this year too!

The challenge: Make the best Versailles picture! Show the chteau in it's full glory! Of course 'Versailles' stands for a lot more then just the building! Versailles symbolizes the Ancien Rgime, Louis XIV's power, the wealth and power of the Bourbon Dynasty and the nobility, scandals, love affairs etc. These are just a few examples you can try to show in your picture!

When you have made your picture (which you may edit as well using software outside of Second Life!) you can send it to MarieLouise Harcourt full perm, in a notecard. Write down your SL user name in the note card and preferably write something about the picture you made.

If possible all pictures send in will be on display, if the amount of entries however is incredibly large, the judges will put it down to about 10 pictures. The pictures will be put on display at Versailles, where they can be admired by you. Besides admiring, you will also get the chance to vote on your favorite picture! The winner will be chosen by a jury based upon the votes, the jury is existing out of MarieLouise Harcourt, Elisabeth Milneaux, and Ethelred Brougham.The votes of the jury will count for 50%, the votes of the public will count for 50% too.

The evening on which the winner will be announced, and the votes counted, will be posted later in this topic and in the events calendar. It is NOT at 20 April.

The creator of the best picture will be given a prize of 1,000 L$!

Conditions:
- The picture has to be taken at one of the two sims of Versailles.
- Members of the Council of Versailles can not participate in the competition; members of the council of Representatives can participate.
- Participants can only send in one picture.
- You need to be a Second Life member for at least a month in order to participate.
- The last moment the pictures can be send in is 20 April 2012.

For any questions concerning the competition contact MarieLouise Harcourt.

Good luck!

Friendly greetings,

MarieLouise Harcourt.

updated by @marielouise-harcourt: 06 Oct 2016 06:18:18AM
Sophia Trefusis
@sophia-trefusis
11 years ago
471 posts

Im so excited for this. The last photo Contest was such so fun cant see what people come up with this time :)

MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
11 years ago
647 posts

Your picture last year was AMAZING. I wonder what you come up with this year!

Marie Juliette d'Amblise
@marie-juliette-damblise
11 years ago
2 posts

Working on it already! Can't wait!!!

Ekaterina Petrovna Shuvalova
@countess-shuvalova
11 years ago
209 posts

Ohhh SO MANY IDEAS, GAAH <3333

Joan Claremont
@joan-claremont
11 years ago
363 posts

So many talented artists out there. I look forward to seeing them all ;)

Marie Gerje2
@marie-gerje2
11 years ago
3 posts

Is there a link to last year's photos?

MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
11 years ago
647 posts

I'm afraid not!