Living History
Donate to LHVW

Civic Reconstruction in Mont Saint-Bruno, Antiquity Heights

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
10 years ago
359 posts

Mont Saint Bruno is currently in a state of reduced activity while the city is being reconfigured for the addition of an Opera House.The new Opera House is a true work of meshed art, created by architect Prince Gaianed diCremona in the finest spirit of Rococo styling.

In addition to the Opera House, four elegant new private houses will be available for rent in the Place de la Cathdrale. The Cathedral and Monastery will continue to serve as the heart and soul, respectively, of the city-state.

Les Arts de Saint-Bruno is currently closed as its building has been demolished to make way for the Opera House. It will re-open as soon as its new premises in the Opera House's ground floor arcade are ready for occupancy.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch

updated by @tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi: 06 Oct 2016 06:26:36AM
Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
10 years ago
204 posts

A new Opera House ! Thrilling news indeed !

Serenek Timeless
@serenek-timeless
10 years ago
33 posts

This is a very exciting development. Will there be operas?

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
10 years ago
252 posts

Thank you Princess van Hirvi for the great news on the new Opera House. His Highness is indeed very talented and the Opera House is beautiful. It will make a wonderful addition to our growing estate. As to the operas, that would be the ultimate goal, to produce in house and offer the theater to groups...for productions, musical concerts, ect. Everyone is invited to Mont Saint Bruno to come see the beautiful new addition.

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
10 years ago
359 posts

An associate of my lord has already been in contact with Prince Gaianed to discuss possible staging of an operatic event, and he seems favourably impressed by the venue. We are hopeful that the connection will lead to an engagement.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Edward Develin Beaumont
@edward-develin-beaumont
10 years ago
9 posts

It is amazing. Rose and I are looking forward to attending many events there.

10 years ago
359 posts

And there is ample seating in it! I have a very footsore memory of four hours in Covent Garden's standing stalls during a performance of Don Giovanni during my naive youth, so seating is something for which I have great respect.My advice to others in real life is to be very careful of which operas you choose to stand through, if stand you must. Fidelio (which I experienced in a very comfortable seat during the same summer) would have been much kinder to my feet. On the other hand, hearing Kiri te Kanawa in life as Donna Elvira was some significant compensation.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

HearingKiri te Kanawa under any circumstances is worth any inconvenience, sore feet, or intemperate weather! Her voice is pure cream and silk.