Living History
Donate to LHVW

Remains of Richard III Found

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
10 years ago
358 posts

Bones of Richard III Found Under a Parking Lot

An amazing find in a very expected place in Leicester, England. Researchers think this mystery has finally been solved.

2984_discussions.png Enjoy and thanks for reading :)

(Note * Repost from Hugo Dieter alt account)

updated by @lady-leena-fandango: 06 Oct 2016 06:28:21AM
Kristianna Fotherington
@kristianna-fotherington
10 years ago
25 posts

This was the most amazing story I have ever heard- The FIRST thing found, in the first trench dug on the first day was Richard! It's as though he wanted to be found, and had more to say... The facial reconstruction I saw in a documentary was especially touching. I'd always imagined Richard as the older, shrill, evil uncle of the princes in the tower, but he was only 32 when he died in battle, and suffered from negative propaganda in the Tudor era to bolster their own claims to the throne. In fact his behaviour before the disappearance of the princes was consistently loyal. I'm really intrigued by Richard now, enough to consider myself a "Ricardian". I'd recommend this read to anyone, thanks for posting!

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
10 years ago
358 posts

Thank you Lady Dashwood, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Jane Ixtar
@jane-ixtar
10 years ago
115 posts

I remember when medical science started talking aboutDNA to positively identify people and being soo excited, particularly at finally being able to resolvehundreds of long standing cases.The images from the grave bring him to life, Iwill be read with new interest.Thanks Leena.

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
10 years ago
358 posts

Great link Jane, thanks for posting :)