Living History
Donate to LHVW

Thoughts of Bexar

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
10 years ago
252 posts

Dear Diary

As I prepare to lay my head down, I cannot shake the image of my beloved home, engulfed in flames, tears slowly filing my eyes. Through the blurred sight of teary eyes, images of my childhood flash before me. My father and mother, seated at on their thrones speaking to important people as I stumbled behind on wobbly legs. My first skinned knee after being pushed down the stairs by my older brothers, Tocho and Pixa. My first horse ride and the last dinner, all flooding back in no particular order.
Even as I prepared to move to my new home, much of the treasures in transport to Chateau de Clagny, my heart aches. Strong flashes of light appear as the roof succumbs to the flames. Nothing prepares you for the sight of your home slowly eaten and wounded by the fires.
Today was no different then any other day. Dear Cousin Cathryn, visiting, enjoying a spot of tea in the kitchens with me. If it were not for the loud noises coming from the courtyard, it would have been like any other night. Tranquility was dashed as our chambers were raided. Held at gunpoint, we were whisked around the castle from room to room as each were searched for valuables. My head sank low, as I heard the cheers of the pirates having encountered a chest of gold in the chapel attic, that had yet to be shipped.
Had it not been for the fine hot tea and sweet cakes, offered by the lil'est pirate, Cousin Cathryn and I would have truly be shaken more. This does dispel a notion that pirates are uncivilized. The cakes were so sweet, we must order the guards to get the recipe before they are hung. Even though Lady Kocoa held us at gunpoint, she was a wonderful hostess while we were with her.
I guess during the chaos, a candle was turned over in the chapel, Cousin Cathryn and I locked behind huge doors, we could hear one of the servants ringing the bells in alarm. Trying in vain to break open the doors, they were burst open by Lieutenant of the Royal Antiquity Navy, led by Admiral Engineer. Soon our captors were running to get away. Cousin Cathryn and I made it to the courtyard and the front gates, when we realized that the Commodore had gone back to help retrieve the Pirate Drez, who had fallen wounded. I ran in, being the only one that knows how to get out, to find the Commodore. Running through the flames and smoke, coughing with ever step, I found the Commodore in the Reception Room. Together we headed out just in time.
Timbers were raining down on us, smoke filled towers and rooms, all around.
Of all that has happened, we are safe. One day, the castle will be restored, to its former beauty, but for now...I am too tired to concentrate, my chest heavy still from the smoke.

3013_discussions.png

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB

updated by @jacon-cortes-de-bexar: 06 Oct 2016 06:28:46AM
Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
10 years ago
204 posts

Quite the all-encompassing diary entry Jacon ! The dreadful fire aside, I must say I am quite amused with " we must order the guards to get the recipe before they are hung."

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
10 years ago
359 posts

If the littlest pirate happened to have long red braids, I suspect that the hangings may not be easy to arrange. Somewhere in my archives, I have a portrait of this individual eating King George's cake, in King George's private dining-room, and she survived that escapade handily enough.

Even if she is captured, prying recipes out of her may be a more difficult task than a poor guard can manage.

Meanwhile, a dreadful pall of smoke from the fire still hangs over my villa in neighbouring Mont Saint Bruno. I hope very much that it dissipates before the tea-and-dance party that my lord and I have planned for 3 o'clock on Wednesday afternoon.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Belladonna Ohare
@belladonna-ohare
10 years ago
52 posts

Lots of wonderful times at this beautiful palace. It will be missed.