Living History
Donate to LHVW

1915-1916 Snapshots of the Romanovs, the Russian Imperial family

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

Very interesting snapshots of the Russian Imperial family before the Revolution. Nice to see some informal photos of them and the technology of the age.

http://mashable.com/2015/01/10/romanov-family-photos/

The first photograph of Anastasia, she's not a vampire, even though it may look as if she is. There's some advertisements in between the photographs, so keep scrolling down to see all of them.

Cheers everyone :)

updated by @lady-leena-fandango: 06 Oct 2016 06:33:27AM
Lady Burnstein
@lady-burnstein
9 years ago
225 posts

Thanks you Leena, absolutely interesting pictures about the private and intimate moments of theirs!

Julia Auditore
@julia-auditore
9 years ago
11 posts

A great collection of photos. I am not sure if it's just remembering the history about what happened to them when I look at the pictures but the pictures seem to have sense of sadness to them.

PS: I have to add I had just finished my horror movie night by watching World War Z and when I first clicked on your link, that first picture sorta scared me with its zombie vibe.

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

Yes I agree, knowing their ultimate future does make the photos sad in many ways, but at least they knew some joy while they lived.

And I know what you mean, that first photo made me jump back a bit, those teeth! She must have been a very funny young lady.

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

You're welcome, I'm glad you liked them. :)

Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
9 years ago
204 posts

I thoroughly enjoyed looking through these ... and must admit that when I came to the 10th one, for an instant I really felt like their location was the beach area on Rocca Sorrentina!! Grazie for the posting ~

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

I'm glad you like them Candace, and you are right .... that photo does look like Rocca :)