Living History
Donate to LHVW

There Be Elves....

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

3353_discussions.png?width=750 There Be Elves!

The elves are appearing, magically and in a somber mood. They seem to be multiplying. Perhaps there isn't enough wine? Maybe they have a sour stomach.

It's unfortunate, such delightful creatures to be thinking so hard about something.

Happy April Fool's Day Everyone!

Cheers, Lady Leena :D

P.S. I do solemnly swear that Hugo Dieter was up to no good :O

updated by @lady-leena-fandango: 23 Oct 2016 12:23:56AM
Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

The Hulduflk (Icelandic hidden people from huldu- "pertaining to secrecy" and flk "people", "folk") are elves in Icelandic folklore., are a very serious matter, to offend them, is to risk a life time of bad luck. In Iceland, Roads get re routed to prevent risking offending them, at other times, Giant Boulders, which act as doorways between there world and ours, are Carefully re located, AFTER, a person who can speak to them,. Has negotiated with the Aeleves, and secured there permission for the move.

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

In this case my dear friend, sometimes an elf is just an elf :P

/me offers you a warm hug, a smile and a curtsey

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

This is very interesting Brendon, in the modern computer age, it's nice to see that many still honor their traditions. A great post and thank you for sharing this :)

Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

Immram, the Journeyer, is Aelven. J.R.R. Tolkien records 4 dialects of the lven language, Sarati, Tengwar and Cirth, in Writing, and Early and late Quenya, which is a later spoken version, and which there is much Aelvish poetry written in.

In lfasklinn, which is the Aelven school in Iceland in the town of Reykjavik, Head master Magns Skarphinsson reports there are 13 different forms of Hulduflk .

lven also appear among the Fearier Folk, or the Wee people of Irerland, Manx and Scotland, and by tradition where descended from the Tuatha D Danann who inhabited the land before the arrival of the Celts. 3354_discussions.jpg?width=721

Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
9 years ago
204 posts

3355_discussions.jpg?width=721 Oh but the tales I was subjected to today .......

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

ROFL :P

Maybe Ernest the flamingo needed some company?

hugs

P.S. Very curious to see how long it takes for the other elves to be noticed :)

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

Very cool :D