Living History
Donate to LHVW

Living History - glad to be here!

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
8 years ago
359 posts

I love the new forum's name, Tatiana. It's not all about courts, after all!

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,903 posts

Thank you very much, Tiamat!

I agonized over picking a new name for three years!  I wanted something relatively short, descriptive & inclusive.  It was a tall order and I was fortunate to have Aldo & Sere to bounce ideas off.

I owe a lot to Sere's Virtual Living History Association which lead me to investigate the meaning of Living History :

Living history is an activity that incorporates historical tools, activities and dress into an interactive presentation that seeks to give observers and participants a sense of stepping back in time. Although it does not necessarily seek to reenact a specific event in history, living history is similar to, and sometimes incorporates, historical reenactment. Living history is an educational medium used by living history museums, historic sites, heritage interpreters, schools and historical reenactment groups to educate the public or their own members in particular areas of history, such as clothing styles, pastimes and handicrafts, or to simply convey a sense of the everyday life of a certain period in history.

Sere graciously accepted a name that was similar to her Association.

You're right, it's not all about courts. in fact there are few courts left, and it's wonderful to be able to fully embrace all the other activities :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site