Living History
Donate to LHVW

The Sims: Were You a Player?

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,895 posts

TheSims2thesims22760935312801024.jpg

I was delighted to discover that there are even more The Sims players involved in our VW Historical Community than I had previously estimated so I thought it would be nice to take a trip down memory lane and talk about our simmer experiences.

Feel free to brag about your builds, reminisce about the friends you made along the way and chat about anything else Sim related that might come to mind .

I'm also interested in how simming relates to your SL experience as it sure had a big impact on mine.

Woohoo!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,895 posts

TatianaDokuchicTheSims2 Tatiana 01.png

So here's me back in the day (May 27, 2006).  I used the name TatianaDokuchic which I then carried over to SL.  This caused me a bit of trouble with people in SL who would accuse me of stealing my own identity.  It took a bit of convincing to get them to understand that she was me :)

I didn't care much about my appearance (some things never change!) but really enjoyed building and playing (with a lot of cheats to avoid those endless hygiene & starvation issues).  TheSims & then TheSims2 were my introduction to building in a virtual space and Tatiana's Tea Room was born.

I managed to cobble together Le Petit Trianon, The Queen's Hamlet and a bit of Versailles including The Hall of Mirrors ...

TatianaDokuchicTS2 Hall of Mirrors.jpg

… and I STILL miss mirrors that actually work. 

One of the reasons I came to SL was so that I could explore the architecture of these builds further.

I was very fortunate to make some fabulous friends including Skye, Bebe, & Wane over at the Simposium Forum which was run by Skye.  We made the jump to SL together and the rest, as they say, is history.

I still have a profile over at Mod The Sims: Tatiana Dokuchic and apparently I'm still getting downloads.  If only I had a dollar for every one of those!

TatianaDokuchicTS2 CastleLeFay1.jpg

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Skye Varriale
@skye-varriale
5 years ago
96 posts

Tat! I totally forgot about Mod the Sims lol. I'll have to see if my profile is still there!  

Skye Varriale
@skye-varriale
5 years ago
96 posts

I started with the sims waaaay back in the first sims game but didn't really get interested until Sims2.  It was the build engine for Sims2 that got my attention because I have always loved to design and build.  I eventually started a popular Sims forum, The Simposium, and...to make a very long story short, ended up creating a television commerical with EA for their "Sims Played By" campaign.  I attended numerous fan camps and was asked to sit in on a development meeting for the Sims Medieval. Eventually I was even offered a full time job there but since I already own a business I turned them down. The Sims label and staff always treated me very well and I got to meet several fans who have become long time friends. We even met in Las Vegas one year for some giggles. My name there was SterlingDT and in one of the Sims3 Expansion packs they named one of the streets for me. It was a blast to work at EA and I'd love to hear from any of you and would love to see your creations.   

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,895 posts

Yes, Skye was connected!!

Since she didn't post any, here's a picture of her sim-self from January 2007.

TheSims2 Skye 01.jpg

--
Skye Varriale
@skye-varriale
5 years ago
96 posts

Oh geeze, where did you find that? lol

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,895 posts

Skye Varriale:

Oh geeze, where did you find that? lol

I admit I had to delve into one of my backup drives ;)  Remember how you were a master (or mistress) of recolours, especially plants.  That was very cool.

--
wiseboyqc
@louis-francis-de-beauharnois
5 years ago
34 posts

I'm very impressed to see there was other famous Sim figure that are now in SL ;)

For my part I've been a daily active player of the sims 1-2 and 3,

I spent most of my time building house and scavenging to find historical download then actually playing the game and the saddest part of it was to have no interaction with other real person. It is while googling for downloads that I came across many adds of the SL MarketPlace and also many pictures of VSL that I decided to have a closer look at SL.

Tough my real intention was to visit VSL to see how it was made and how it would inspire my Sims 3 Versailles, it turns out I met wonderfull people and that building in SL was much more fun then the Sims as I had no limit but skills. Even if at first the same challenge to find nice historical objects for SL was only a bit easier then the Sims :)

So now as I can't go back to the sims and loose the social part of SL I prefer to try to bring what I loved of the Sims to SL :D

Skye Varriale
@skye-varriale
5 years ago
96 posts

I agree with you Louis! That is the main reason I switched to SL too. The ability to have no limits as to what I could build!  Nice to meet you. 

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,895 posts

wiseboyqc:

So now as I can't go back to the sims and loose the social part of SL I prefer to try to bring what I loved of the Sims to SL :D

And an excellent job you do of bringing history to SL, Louis!

I was lucky to find Skye's SIMposium forum which provided the social aspect for me while playing TS2.  That's probably one of the reasons I created RC which evolved into LHVW, to keep that forum type of community experience going :)

--