Living History
Donate to LHVW

Happy Thanksgiving: The Canadian Edition

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Falling Leaves.gif

Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!

The older I get, the more I appreciate all the benefits of having an "attitude of gratitude" and there's no better weekend to celebrate that. 

Along the same lines I found When life hands you lemons: the new science of positive thinking  quite an interesting read:

Positive psychology emphasizes strengths more than illness. It focuses on happiness, well-being, resilience, empathy, gratitude and forgiveness — how to "flourish" as a human. One idea, said Frank Farley, an Edmonton native and a past president of the American Psychological Association who studies heroism and personality, is that maybe it can inoculate people against mental distress.

More than a decade after its founding, the field is undergoing something of a revival. The neuroscience behind it is advancing. Researchers are finding links between positive emotions and a longer, healthier life span.

Cheers!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
8 years ago
359 posts

In another part of Canada, Tiamat happily munches her turkey leftovers which are a good distraction from the all-too-early snow.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch

updated by @tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi: 11 Oct 2016 04:16:41PM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Oh no!  Not snow, @Tiamat!  It's waaaay tooooo early for snow!!

I do hope you enjoy the turkey leftovers.  I'm thinking of making turkey soup tomorrow :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
8 years ago
359 posts

Well, better a bit of snow than the major flooding other locations have been getting! And my mother gets the soup, as she cooked the bird for the extended family.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch