Living History
Donate to LHVW

Too Many Messages Getting You Down?

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

Hello Everyone

Royal Courts ishere tohelp us network & communicate and so it includes the ability to send all kinds of invitations and messages to members.For the most partthis works out well as people use common sense and follow the Guidelines but sometimes messaging can get out of hand and becomes Spam.

Nobody Likes Spam (Except Spammers)
What is spam? Spam is a noun: unsolicited ads for products and services. Spam is a verb: posting the same message again and again to as many people as possible. Spam is a bad word. Dont spam.

So if too many messages are getting you down there are a few things that you can do about it:

From a technical point of view Control Your Email Settings And Messages describes how you can block an individual from sending you messages and/or limit the emails sent to you from this site.

Taking a more human approach, you can always try contacting the individual todiscuss the situation. I'm suggesting this for cases where you find the messaging to be rather annoying butaren't sureif others would mind it. Sometimes a word between friends will help give perspective. After all, you don't want people dropping your group and/or blocking your messages because you are over enthusiastic and don't realize it.

If you are uncomfortable with that or feel this is a case of downright spamingyou can always contact me and I will help to resolve things.

I hope this helps!

Tatiana

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 27 Oct 2016 02:47:58PM
Lady Burnstein
@lady-burnstein
12 years ago
225 posts

Taty, completely I agree with you...

Skye Varriale
@skye-varriale
12 years ago
96 posts

Personally, I thnk people who send too many messages really turn other people off and it usually has the opposite effect than what they intended in the first place. Use common sense. Would you call someone several times a day to tell them the same thing over and over in real life?

Prince de Craon
@charles-juste-prince-de-beauveau-et-craon
12 years ago
47 posts

I received a lot of messages of a court, the inmediate result is that I hate now that court ...Well, perhaps before receive the spam /giggles/

Kind regards to all no-spamer courts!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

At least you were proactive about it.

Sometimes it takesa while before I hear about a problem but I'm here to help when I do so please contact me.

In the meantime, blocking messages and controlling emails can help preserve your personal space.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

It's been almost a year since I first posted this. Thought it might be a good time for a reminder.

--