Living History
Donate to LHVW

Ning 3.0: Need your help with Special Interest Groups

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Hello Everyone

One of the best things about Ning 3.0 is the powerful new Group features;a 3.0 Group is really a mini-site all of its own!

I've been bending my brain to think of ways to take advantage of this and one thing I thought we could try was the introduction of Special Interest groups.

As an example, I have set up a prototype Book Lovers group. It doesn't have much content yet but hopefully there's enough to give a general idea. Take a look and see what you think.

I'm looking for suggestions for other Special Interest groupsand volunteers that would be willing to help manage them.

I'm thinking that thebest Special Interest groups would be those that appeal to quite a few membersand aren't already covered with our Discussions & Blogs. Food? Art? Fitness?

What else do you think this community would be interested in that would make a great Special Interest group?

Thanks!!

ETA: SomeSuggestions

Groups:

Architecture

Fashion

Content Creation

Research / Academia

Food

Blog Categories:

Biographies

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 05 Apr 2019 07:23:53AM
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
11 years ago
647 posts

Fashion, art, architecture or perhaps something more SL-oriented, such as sharing interesting places to visit, or to roleplay.

I like the concept! I am always willing to help out.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Thanks, Marie Louise!

Fashion and/or Art are definitely possibilities.

I thought about Architecture as well & actually had a prototype group set up but then wasn't sure about it.

I'm thinking we might want to keep SL-oriented stuff incorporated in the Main Page via Categories in the Forums & Blogs but I could be persuaded otherwise. Sometimes it's hard to know until you actually try it out.

Would you be interested in helping to run one of the Special Interest groups?

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
11 years ago
647 posts

I'd be happy to give it a try!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Excellent!

If you could choose any topic to start wtihwhat would it be?

ETA: No rush, you can think about this - lol

--
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
11 years ago
647 posts

Hahaha, I'll give it some thought and get back to you.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Sounds good! Thanks :))

--
Georgiana Fitzherbert Grace
@georgiana-fitzherbert-grace
11 years ago
95 posts
Hhmmm tough one to think of... Why not something like people of interest like a place to discuss some of those we take interest in like the Medici's, Borgia, Queen Victoria etc etc
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

This is one of my favourite topics and I love it when they appear as blogs here on the 2.0 site.

I would certainly be open to having a Special Interest group if there was enough interest. At the very least Blogs on the Main Page will have a new category so that it is easier to find them.

What do other people think? Is there enough interest for a new group?

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

That's an interesting idea, Comte!

I wonder if we broadened the scope a bit and called it Content Creation or something similar, then we could include both clothing & architecture.One nice thing about3.0 Groups is that it's easy to categorize information.

Right now we have a few posts on the topic but they are lumped in General Discussion. These could be moved to the new group.

What do you think?

--
Marie-Adélina de La Ferrière
@marie-adelina-de-la-ferriere
11 years ago
80 posts
A section on research/academia?
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Yes, I can set up this group and do the administration on it to begin with. I'll also look at transferring existing content to the group after we have done the migration.

After that I will be relying on others to provide content :))

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Definitely a possibility, Henriette.

I know that Doctor Pekel has some medical research content posted here that would fit into that type of group.

What specifictopics were you thinking of?

--
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
11 years ago
313 posts

I would love a special interest group centered around 18th century foods and recipes. Feasts as well as simpler fare and dinner parties to share conversation, wine and good food.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Perhaps we could make this part of a larger Food group?

I was hoping to transfer the content of our current Food category over to a Special Interests group.

Would you be interested in providing content for this, Lorsagne?

--
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
11 years ago
313 posts

I am very new to your group, but would be delighted to help in any way. I have a keen RL interest in culinary history - foods that were available and how they were prepared and served. Adapting them to RL is always an adventure. So, anyway I can be of small help, I would be happy to help.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Sounds great, Lorsagne!

It will be a while yet until we migrate to 3.0 but I'll set up a Food group so that it's ready for us :)

--
11 years ago
80 posts
Courts and court culture. Also links or lists of scholarly books and articles.
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Sounds promising. I believe we already have some court culture content that we could include & build on.

Now we have to think of a snappy name for the group :) Any suggestions?

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

To keep things organized, I've updated the opening post with some of the suggestions :)

--
11 years ago
80 posts
The Real Courtiers of Europe.