Living History
Donate to LHVW

Catherine Palace at Tsarskoye Selo

Pierre Ceriano
@pierre-ceriano
11 years ago
23 posts

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, and thank you in advance for your attention.

During this coming winter I'll build the Catherine palace at Tsarskoye Selo. Just the palace part, not all the buildings in the park area.

I have already gathered amounts of informations but important things are missing :

- A blueprint of the floor plan, at least 512 x 512 pxl (although I am able to build freehand, it helps)

- Front pictures of the interiors.

If you want to help me, or just know more about this project, do not hesitate to IM me inworld or to mail me [pierre.ceriano@orange.fr], you are most welcome !

Warm regards

Pierre

updated by @pierre-ceriano: 11 Oct 2016 04:56:57AM
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
11 years ago
647 posts

I wish you good luck with this project! :)

Leopoldina
@leopoldina
11 years ago
280 posts

This was the best I could find:

1936.%20%D0%9F%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%BD%202%20%D1%8D%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B0%20%D0%95%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE%20%D0%B4%D0%B2%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%86%D0%B0.jpg

open it, its pretty big. I got it from this website, I think you can find more photos there:http://xn----7sbb4bxah.xn--p1ai/30-Ekaterininskiy_dvorec_v_Pushkine.html"> http://xn----7sbb4bxah.xn--p1ai/30-Ekaterininskiy_dvorec_v_Pushkine...

Also this website seems to have a "close up" version of one of the wings of the palace. There is probably close ups to other areas, and hopefully more details on the different floors:

http://tsarselo.ru/content/21/yenciklopedija-carskogo-sela/adresa/e...

The wikimedia commons page of the palace have a lot of pictures too. They may be not exactly what you need for, lets say, extracting a texture from it, but it can definitely helps. I am sending the page of the interiors' category, but you can look into the other categories too of course:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Interiors_of_Catherine_P...

Good luck on your project!

Pierre Ceriano
@pierre-ceriano
11 years ago
23 posts

@ Lady Harcourt : thank you very much !

@ Lady de Gramont : Thank you so much too ! Specially the tsarselo.ru website I had not discovered yet. I will use this plan when building the interior parts for sure ; I encountered difficulties to find a large one as this one, congratulations !

For my part I made a footprint using GoogleMap . This is an incredible tool that I knew, but I really discovered yesterday : I must evolve with modern techniques as well ;))

2553_discussions.jpg?width=256 As the project concerns very (very very) large buildings, I will remove the building that reaches the left wing (left when you enter the park). I have set up the platform and this plan yesterday.

I take the occasion to say that, of course, I would welcome in my project all persons who will want to participate at any level whatsoever. Via this thread and Inworld. Understand that whatever the knowledge of one or the other , the smallest information can be a mine of information for me.

Have good continuation Ladies and Gentlemen !

Best regards

Pierre

Pierre Ceriano
@pierre-ceriano
11 years ago
23 posts

Hi there !

Parts of the gate made yesterday, all in mesh :

2554_discussions.jpg?width=721 Best regards

Pierre

Ekaterina Vorontsova-Dashkova
@ekaterina-vorontsova-dashkova
11 years ago
300 posts

Wow, it looks great! I always admire people who can successfully create mesh models.

I do advice to use another colour, something more like cyan as I recall it right (I visited it once when I was in St.-Petersburg)

Leopoldina
@leopoldina
11 years ago
280 posts

Looks very good! though I agree with Raven, you should make it more cyan, or light blue.

I also think that the grey part (what is it called? I forgot lol) could benefit from some ambient occlusion.

Maybe its just me, but the golden parts could be colored differently too, you could benefit from the new material features on the linden lab viewer.

Pierre Ceriano
@pierre-ceriano
11 years ago
23 posts

Thank you for your advice Lady de Valcourt and Lady de Valmont.

Yes, the colours will be, on the final build, closer to the colours of the current palace. I'm trying to develop RGB for marble and granite. Moreover, the use of colours (blue and red tones in particular) is one of the reasons why I love the Russian neo-classical architecture.

There will also be occlusions (to please the customer) although I find they duplicate the features and settings proposed by the viewers in the range of lights and shadows (graphic preferences).

Leopoldina
@leopoldina
11 years ago
280 posts

About the ambient occlusions, I don't mean those shadows effects some mesh buildings have, I don't like them either, but that neutral shadow on corners and such, something like this