Living History
Donate to LHVW

Second Life: New Perk! Prim Limit Increase

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

This deserves a topic all of its own!!

Go Premium for 50% Off* & Enjoy Our Newest Perks, Plus an Exclusive Gift!   

New Perk! Prim Limit Increase

Premium members are entitled to a Linden Home and can own parcels on the Mainland. Now, we're raising the limit on the number of prims you can use in those spaces. This means you will have more prims and creative flexibility to decorate and customize your own space.   Land impact (object) capacity on Mainland Regions will go from 15,000 to 22,500 - that’s a lot more building capacity!

In addition to this, we will further carry the prim limit increases to the private estate regions shortly.  Keep your eye on our blogs for more information!

An episode of Designing Worlds comes out later this afternoon which talks more in-depth about this new perk. We’ll update this blog once it’s available.

WOOHOO!!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
8 years ago
252 posts

I was at the event at Designing Worlds today....it was great....I had to leave before the questions, but I am hoping they will publish that soon.

Wow.....prim increases......and decent ones too.  

Ten to one, I will be scrounging for prims 1 month after we get the increase..just sayin ...:P

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Lab reveals LI / prim allowance changes in Second Life in full

However, on Thursday, November 3rd, the Lab officially announced that they are increasing the Land Impact allowance for Second Life regions. The new allowances are:

• Full Regions:
    • Mainland: 22,500
    • Private estates:
      • 20,000 at the same tier price OR
      • 30,000 for an additional US $30 a month (+a one-off US $30 conversion fee to add / remove the extra 10K allowance)
  • Homesteads: 5,000 (Mainland and private)
  • OpenSpace: 1,000 (Mainland and private)

A tad disappointed that Private estates won't get the Mainland allowance of 22.5K but I'll take the extras on Homesteads and OpenSpace.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle
@claire-sophie-de-rocoulle
8 years ago
112 posts

Thanks Tat for the infor - as usually slept through the whole thing :p

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle:

Thanks Tat for the infor - as usually slept through the whole thing :p

You're very welcome! 

It's actually really new news as there wasn't any hint of it before it actually started happening on Tuesday.

Now what will you do with those extra prims??

--
Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle
@claire-sophie-de-rocoulle
8 years ago
112 posts

Not sure ... Been hoarding prims for a long time. Its gonna take a while to get use to the idea that may not be needed now :p

What about you?

updated by @claire-sophie-de-rocoulle: 04 Nov 2016 05:17:15AM
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
8 years ago
252 posts

Yay....I think this is great news.....one thing I have always thought is period estates and homes had it  harder as you needed so much decoration to make it look believable....detail in manors..and palaces can really eat up prims....this will allow us a little breather....add an extra dog or cat....maybe that high prim piece you have always said no...because you could not justify the prims...but love it all the same....this was something i had always wished for....and since it came totally un expected..it makes it all that much better......:))

Enjoy the extra prims...and remember....put out that extra dog..or cat...or decoration you like....lets enjoy this gift....its rare we get news like this in SL......:))

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,894 posts

Some extra-prim fun from Inara Pey!

A journey to the source of prims in Second Life

modemworld prim rig.jpg

--