5 years ago
39 posts

BANCO REZZONICO
- fondata nel 1634 -

WANTED - Tenant Farmer
farming in the Queen's Hamlet
in service of the Banco Rezzonico

Rocca Sorrentina, April 24th [2019]

Very recently the Banco Rezzonico has decided on opening an office on the island of Rocca Sorrentina, in the Bay of Naples. From here the Rezzonico family will centralize the coordination of her coastal trade, which mainly consists in their mercantile fleet sailing to all corners of the Mediterranean Sea; and also their endeavours in shipping. With this we have a growing demand for specific crops.
The Banco Rezzonico shall require at various moments baskets of tomatoes, grain, rice, potatoes ['suls'], [bazi] tea, and sugar cane. At times we might even require the direct secondary products like tomato sauce, and sacks of flour and sugar.

However, on the island, how idyllic and centrally positioned it may be, is no room for farming these required crops. And so we have called for the assistance of the Duchesse de Provence, whose shores and market at the Queen's Hamlet are regularly frequented for other needs by the Rezzonico family. Within the Queen's Hamlet the house of Rezzonico now has three agricultural fields [G&S fields 3.0] at her disposal, onto which the desired crops can be grown. Pleased as we were with this, we soon came to the realization that this also means work for which we are not equipped and do not have the time.

And so there is a position vacant for a tenant-farmer to cultivate the three fields upon demand of certain crops.

REQUIREMENTS

• Fitting in
    We like our farmer to be a part of the historical 18th-century roleplay as it is set by rules of the sims Rocca Sorrentina and even more the Queen's Hamlet. These rules are not strict but do require some attention.

• Biography
    A suitable, historically plausible biography would be a secondary requirement. You can be anyone with any backstory, as long as it makes sense in a historic perspective. We aim to giving this position to someone who wants to enter roleplay and be part of the community.

• Experience
    Some basic knowledge of the G&S system is welcome, but not required - we can provide some training to get started with this. Farming the fields is not a difficult activity within the whole spectrum of G&S.

• Commitment
    Farming requires of course regular attendance, but caring for three fields with the proper set-up won't take you longer than 5 minutes per day.

• Good conduct
    We consider a farmer in our service both as our responsibility as well as a representative of our house. Good or bad behaviour within the Queen's Hamlet in our service, directly reflects on our good name and relation with the Duchesse de Provence as owner of the Queen's Hamlet. It goes without saying, but when there's a situation of complaints about our farmer, we will take action as the employer.

• Membership
    With the position comes required membership to at least two groups, one being the Banco Rezzonico and the other the landholding group of the Queen's Hamlet. Through the latter group the farmer also has free access to the community resources of the Queen's Hamlet.

OFFER

• Position
    With this we offer a challenging roleplay-position in the service of a senior rp-family within the broader 18th century community - the Queen's Hamlet ánd Rocca Sorrentina at the very least.
    Tenancy will start on a trial of 1 month, after which it will be reviewed by both the Banco Rezzonico as well as the tenant-farmer. When all is good for both parties, the tenancy will of course be continued.

• Continuous work
    We are planning on ongoing (regular) set goals for the growing of various crops.
    More information about farming and crops is available in the in-world notecard

• Basic salary
    There is a weekly salary of 1,500 livres per week. Paid out each month, calculated by 4 weeks - or 6,000 livres per month.

• Earnings
    There are additional earnings set per each crop within the set goal.
    More information about the various rates in earnings is available in the in-world notecard.

• Free surplus
    All extra baskets of crops, whether this be decided by the farmer to be during produce or after meeting the goal - are for own use or sale. When no orders are set, the farmer, of course, has all liberty to grow own crops.

NB: Payments of salary and earnings on crops are paid out to an account in the Banco Rezzonico; which is of personal use to the farmer. This account can also be used by the farmer within the broader 18th century (G&S-active) community.

INTERESTED?

For more information or questions, please send a notecard (or message when online) to ABBONDIO, Conte DELLA TORRE di REZZONICO. [account name: eszterhazy2.resident]

If you are already interested and willing, please send a notecard with motivation and a (concept) biography - to the same as above. After receiving this you will be contacted for a talk and probably a tour when not yet too familiar with the estates where this rp takes place.

--
Abbondio Rezzonico
Banker, Merchant & Vintner
@ Rocca Sorrentina

updated by @abbondio-rezzonico: 23 Apr 2019 04:26:32PM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,894 posts

Many thanks for launching this initiative, Abbondio!  I think it's a wonderful way for someone to become involved in out active rolelplay.  As everyone in the Queen's Hamlet can confirm crafting & farming can be a whole lot of fun :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Bessie Hull
@satoharu-nakamura
5 years ago
41 posts

I am interested, as the Hamlet has been the sim I spend almost all my time for over a year. I'd love to add rp to that.

Abbondio Rezzonico
@abbondio-rezzonico
5 years ago
39 posts

Hatsuka:

I am interested, as the Hamlet has been the sim I spend almost all my time for over a year. I'd love to add rp to that.

That is lovely news, which both I and the Duchesse have already been very equally happy about.
I shall contact you inworld with the details!

--
Abbondio Rezzonico
@ Rocca Sorrentina
Abbondio Rezzonico
@abbondio-rezzonico
5 years ago
39 posts

This topic can be shelved for now, we had - above expectations - two applicants, who will both try out.
Known to and more than familiar with the Queen's Hamlet, we welcome Satoharu Nakamura and Candace Ducatillon.

--
Abbondio Rezzonico
@ Rocca Sorrentina
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,894 posts

I'm delighted that this project has been launched with not one but two excellent applicants.  Having to put further thought into personal backstories is an excellent way to enrich our RP and speaking of backstories, Sugar Coating Ambassadors is fascinating.

Many thanks for all your time & effort, Abbondio :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 14 May 2019 06:31:02AM
Karl-Alexander von Baden
@karl-alexander-von-baden
5 years ago
1 posts

Hello, your project seem wonderfull.

It coud be a pleasur to take part at your lovely activity :)