Queen's Hamlet
Donate to LHVW

QH Hosting Challenges

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,889 posts

Hosting Challenges

These Hosting Challenges are open to all Queen's Hamlet Co-op Members. You must serve food & drink that you've either prepared yourself from Hamlet ingredients, purchased from a QH Member and/or purchased from the QH Co-op.

Please post pictures your party/event pictures to verify your accomplishments.

Bronze Award

806_discussions.png?width=256

Good food, good wine, good friends; you think that there's nothing better than combining them into an event to remember. Here's the list of requirements for the Bronze Award:

• Host an event highlighting Hamlet food & drink
  • Event theme is up to you - a dinner party, a picnic, wine tasting ... it's all good
  • Event size is up to you - from 1 to 100 guests
  • Event location is up to you - use your residence or contact Tatiana to use Hamlet grounds
  • Have fun!

Hosting Champions

807_discussions.png?width=256

BRONZE:

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 24 Oct 2016 10:16:26AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,889 posts

808_discussions.png

On May 1st, I hosted the May Day Country Dance & a good time was had by all!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 24 Oct 2016 09:24:32AM
Una Lunaqat
@una-lunaqat
8 years ago
58 posts

Thanks  to all who came to the banquet Saturday, Oct. 22, and special thanks to Donna Sere and Don Aldo for allowing me to use the Villa at Rocca Sorrentina. What a lovely setting for a feast, and feast we did!  We followed our meal with a challenging game of Faro.  Thankfully my cooking skill is better than my gaming skill....    

The theme: Harvest Festival Buffet

I prepared an assortment of breakfast foods, seafood, breads, and main dishes of various meats, plus- desserts!  (Thanks to all the QH chickens and goats who contributed in one way or another to this feast! Thanks too to the owners of lakes and streams who provided the catches of the day! I'm getting fond of sitting by the dock of the bay, watching the tide... well you know...) 

Guests had their choice of QH wine, made from the finest harvests of my vineyard, plus some purchased mead and rence beer.  Who didn't enjoy drinking from that horn?  Come on now, admit it. I saw you.

Here are some photos .  Some I took and some from a couple shutterbug helpers. Merci!
I will also post these and more on the Rocca Sorrentina flickr site.   https://www.flickr.com/groups/2636644@N25/   under the allbum  cqvLunaqatqv  or  https://www.flickr.com/photos/unalunaqat/albums/72157675550432436

RS cul chall 4asm.png

RS cul chall R7.png

RS cul chall R6.png

RS cul chall V2.png

RS cul chall the end2 sm.png

Back home in my villa, my home away from maison,

tired but happy. When shall we meet again?  I look forward to it!

--
Una (Unalunaqat Resident)
Madame D'Qat
Ferme sur Mer (Sea View Farm), Queen's Hamlet
Villa Toscana,LL, Rocca Sorrentina

updated by @una-lunaqat: 24 Oct 2016 03:09:55PM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,889 posts

You did a fabulous job with this banquet, Una! Thanks for sharing your story & photos.  Thank you also for not bringing your persoanl chef to the banquet - he still scares me ;)

Many congratulations on the Bronze Award! 

--
Una Lunaqat
@una-lunaqat
8 years ago
58 posts

Merci beaucoup!

Marcel?  Oh mais non, Duchess.  He and Clara will do you no harm. They are quite friendly.
marcel and clara.png

--
Una (Unalunaqat Resident)
Madame D'Qat
Ferme sur Mer (Sea View Farm), Queen's Hamlet
Villa Toscana,LL, Rocca Sorrentina

updated by @una-lunaqat: 24 Oct 2016 11:34:11AM