Smuggling scenario -- conclusion

Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
9 years ago
157 posts

3397_discussions.png?width=750

The Scenario Conclusion

IC
The Chinese gentleman who was a passenger on the ship that wrecked has found his documentation to claim his cargo that was salvaged, and has agreed to pay a finder's reward to those who may still have some in their possession and wishes to turn it over to him. Much of what had been rescued was found by the search parties and the duties will be paid on what was recovered. There is no sign of the young woman who was the other passenger, nor the crew. Somewhere, about 20 Frenchman seem to be wandering around looking for a way back to Marseilles. The Governor was very reasonable in how he dealt with the situation and seems satisfied; Mr. Tzal will accompany him back to Napoli. All told, in the course of a week of patrolling, his Majesty's naval and revenue service vessels captured one cutter, sunk one sloop and impounded one coastal lugger involved with smuggling activities. The Governor thanked Capitano Zeffirelli and Capitano Helendale and the Guardia for their efforts. The following was found either floating in nearby water, on the beaches or during the searches around the island:

25 casks of brandy
21 crates of silk
14 kegs of tobacco
2 sea chests
1 small table, various items of clothing, ship's rigging and fixtures, and sea charts

OOC
Everyone who took part did a splendid job of hiding their contraband. Nim, Sister, Sere, and Hester all managed to hide some items that were not found. Sere and Jean Matisse deserve special kudos for their creativity in hiding items.

Nimue Brezoianu won the prize for finding Mr. Tzal's chest, which was hidden in shallow water near the steps next to the rocks that the watchtower sits on.

Thank you to all who helped make this possible and added to the activities, particularly Sere, Cuthbert, Lucerius, Sir Geoffrey, Dr. Greymoon, and all the members of the Guardia.

Keep your eyes and ears open the main smuggling scenario is done, but there may be some other follow-up activities and mini-scenarios coming out of this. Thank you again for taking part we hope you had fun and learned some interesting things.

updated by @aldo-stern: 11 Jan 2017 01:45:31AM
Capt. Lucerius Zeffirelli
@capt-lucerius-zeffirelli
9 years ago
14 posts

A great scenario, Don Aldo. As a result of a successful mission, His Majesty's Naval and Revenue Service of Napoli did indeed award my Order, aside from the agreed upon contract payment, the Revenue Cutter San Valentino itself... although I would have to recruit an entirely new crew to work the riggings. Once that is done, I will station her in and around the Bay of Naples to continue the mission of defending the waters against piracy and smuggling. May the people of Rocca Sorrentina be at peace, for my men are on the job.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

Dearest Captain,

With you and your men in port, we all can rest in comfort knowing we are safe.

I really must learn about black diamonds from Africa..I so admired the necklace the lady worse at the meeting with his Excellency. So unusual and very fine ....a piece of history to be certain.

Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

Aldo, this has been a fabulous RP event/opportunity. Thanks so much for making this go.

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

Amazing storyline and it was a wonderful being a part of it, kudos to everyone who set this up and participated :))

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

And I have to add....The whole scenario was absolute fun. Hats off to the always inspiring organizers at Rocca Sorrentina for a making the issues of the day real and sending me off on a voyage of discovery to learn more.

Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
9 years ago
157 posts

thank you everyone for the kind words. if you all learn stuff and have fun then we're doing our job. I would be interested to hear suggestions for future living history scenarios. I can't promise we'll be able to do everything that people toss out, but it would be great to have some fresh ideas.

Stephanie Mesler
@stephanie-mesler
9 years ago
93 posts

I shall put on my thinking cap and try to come up with something. I bet lots of folks have RP dream scenarios already in mind.