Living History
Donate to LHVW

Beautiful View: Expanding the Provence Coeur Estate

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
2 months ago
1,919 posts

Bellevue_Chteau__1.jpg

I’m very excited to announce the upcoming expansion of the Provence Coeur Estate!

A new region will soon be added to the east side of the Jardin Français (Provence Coeur Est2) and will be home to the Château de Bellevue , Madame de Pompadour’s elegant home with its beautiful view of the Seine River.

My version will be based on the 1750 plan as originally championed by the Marquise and though it will be simplified for Second Life (I’ve learned more than a few lessons from my never-ending building journey with the Petit Trianon ) I hope it will evoke some of the atmosphere of the original.

More details to follow.

In the meantime, if you’re looking for some fascinating reading check out Between Worlds: The Biography of Madame de Pompadour's Boudoir Turc a “biographical account of her Turkish  boudoir  at Bellevue examines its implications of personal and private life, class and gender, and the role of exoticism in eighteenth-century architectural interiors“.

Image: The Château de Bellevue, in the time of  Madame de Pompadour , from the courtyard to the west on Wikipedia

Originally posted as Beautiful View.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
madamedaiana
@catherine-josephine-of-saint-aiane
2 months ago
2 posts

This looks amazing!

Sir Thomas Cave
@sir-thomas-cave
2 months ago
149 posts

This is extremely exciting! I can't wait to see the progress!

I always wondered about the interiors for this chateau. La Marquise de Pompadour and Ange-Jacques Gabriel (Petit Trianon) and Jean Cailleteau (Château de Crécy and Château de Bellevue) were a match made in heaven when it came to architecture and interiors. It's my favorite style of the french 18th century. 

Good luck! 

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
2 months ago
1,919 posts

Sir Thomas Cave:

This is extremely exciting! I can't wait to see the progress!

Merci beaucoup!

There are so many similarities between Bellevue and Petit Trianon that I feel quite at home and ready to do things much better this time around.  Of course I have Zed's meshes to help me out.  Check out his blog and his images Blog - Zed Tremont | livinghistoryvw.com

There are secret staircases (from Pompadour's boudoir to Louis XV's room upstairs), tunnels for the guards, and passages for the servants.  It's too bad that the restrictions of the SL camera won't allow for everything to be done.

A huge structure (called a lantern) perched on the roof of the 1st floor allows light into the chapel below and the attic is constructed around it.  Very unique!  You can see it in Zed's picture here Bellevue 2 - Gallery - Zed Tremont | livinghistoryvw.com

Also, if you're ever in Kitely he has his model constructed there.  The basement is fabulous.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Zed Tremont
@zed-tremont
2 months ago
16 posts

Thank you very much for your kind words Tatiana. I started Bellevue a long time ago, the project is on hold for quite some years now. 

First since I have no clue if it ever will be used in sl and I'm a bit bored of making buildings for my inventory and here or there perhaps...

Also another main reason is that I'm a bit stuck with some logical solution of the attack as you know. One day we go there and perhaps there is some inspirational moment. :)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
2 months ago
1,919 posts

Zed Tremont:

Thank you very much for your kind words Tatiana. I started Bellevue a long time ago, the project is on hold for quite some years now. 

Time can be strange in SL.  I'm so glad I remembered your posts about Bellevue and could read them with fresh eyes all these years later.

That attic is a challenge for SL!  I have to say that it was a great experience seeing it in Kitely especially walking around the Lantern.

I'm looking forward to seeing how things develop.

--
Zed Tremont
@zed-tremont
2 months ago
16 posts

Yeah, I do love the octagonal walkway and definitely the "lanterne". The rooms, I tried already some things but it just doesn't fit or is not logical at all. 

Rooms that are huge are often a pain in the neck, too small you're stuck with cameras.

updated by @zed-tremont: 02 Jul 2024 04:26:32AM