Living History
Donate to LHVW

With regards to some disappointing news...

Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
12 years ago
157 posts

Hey Folks,

As many of you know, in just the last week or so, we have had two of our SL 18th century communities shut down: the new Venezia sim and the Royal Spanish Court of King Carlos IV. Many of us -- colleagues, neighbors and friends -- were very sorry to hear about this. These communities both offered very intricate and impressive builds. The sim organizers and architects put a lot of hard work into creating these builds. It's not easy to get an historical SL community started, or to run it successfully for any amount of time. Some really great, creative people were involved in these communities, and they deserve a lot of credit for having accomplished what they did.

We want to convey to the members and regulars of both sims that we share your disappointment and sadness. To the people of Venezia and the Court of King Carlos IV, we wish you well in whatever you choose to do next.

Sincerely,

the Administrators and Residents of La Rocca Sorrentina

updated by @aldo-stern: 06 Oct 2016 06:16:42AM
Quecay
@quecay
12 years ago
123 posts

As a modest merchant in Venezia 18th century and an active member in Spanish Court of King Carlos IV, I sincerely appreciate your words full of sensitivity.

I know that the work was extraordinary in both courts, having managed to reproduce faithfully the buildings and environments of the era.

That is why they deserve to remain in our memory as an example of a wonderful work. I would add my public and sincere gratitude for the opportunity to have been part of those communities.

Lady Burnstein
@lady-burnstein
12 years ago
225 posts

These are the posts that I like to read! :))
Monsieur Stern thank you for sharing with us this thoughts, that I think is common!
It is not always pleasant to see a closed courts ...:/
I also thank all those who have worked and played in these two projects and wish you all the best for the future...

Contessa Elena Marina Foscari
@contessa-elena-marina-foscari
12 years ago
49 posts

I wish to add my voice to the sentiments expressed here. I also had a shop at the Venezia Sim, and shall miss the Sim greatly. Thankyou to all who put so much time and effort into these Sims. Please don;'t be too dishearten, the work you put in will never be wasted.

Sir Thomas Cave
@sir-thomas-cave
12 years ago
145 posts

Im sorry to have heard these realms are closed. Expressing the same feeling as those mentioned above, as well as in the post, I would like to take a moment to appreciate the work went into these sims. I may have not been part of the RP, but as with many of us here, I am an explorer, loving to visit sims that offered something different, or represented something special, which both of these realms did.

As sad as I am for the loss, I am also eager. I believe in holding onto the good memories. With the sims gone, these memories, of friends or architecture alike, mean more, becoming something golden. I have noticed a pattern in my time of SL, when one door closes, another opens. Ive seen again and again sims, reborn, or a new culture born of the old one after time. I hope oneday, we can enjoy more from those who founded these past realms.

I offer my gratitude, to the owners, to the builders, who offered yet another chapter which makes up the history of the courts.

Baron Rushcliffe

Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
12 years ago
204 posts

Wonderfully expressed Baron Rushcliffe ~