Living History
Donate to LHVW

Ephe Luik - "Graceful"

Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
11 years ago
204 posts

Fellow Royal Courts Readers,

La Rocca Sorrentina is indeed privileged to be currently hosting a peek into the incredibly diverse and enchanting artistic world of Ephe Luik ...well-known in RL and SL for her creative talentscovering abroad spectrum of interests. On September 15th,a reception was held in her honour and she delightedthe guests by choosing tospeak in voice; it had the effect of enveloping us in an intimacy whichno onewill soon forget.

2556_discussions.jpg

2557_discussions.jpg?width=750

Once ushered into the Gallery, Lady Ephe spoke of her work,entertainingus with vignette tales and details of what we were viewing.

2558_discussions.jpg?width=750

In reading comments spokenfrom the event, Monsieur Trasgo Beaumont stated he found her Vintage Teapots "cute and sophisticated" ... and indeed they are, as shown above. But they must be seen up close and personal to befully appreciated - as indeed forall of her work.

2559_discussions.jpg?width=750

... and Lady Leena was overheard to say Ephe's birds are "so detailed, they look like they could fly off the page".

2560_discussions.jpg

Zeus was particularly well-behaved during the entire time he was present; of course, he relished in all the attention afforded him!

2561_discussions.jpg?width=750

I do seem to recall Professore Stern saying he particularly fancied the bird paintings, but it would appear from this photo he is equally fascinated with the fashion sketches.:-)

2562_discussions.jpg?width=750

Following a champagne toast, Lady Ephe ... so happy to be amongst friends she had not seen for a long time ...suggested we dance and be joyful in this rare gathering. Andso it was! Baroque dances were provided by Lady Sere and it was not long before the Gallery felt like a Ballroom. (Wewere safer though once Captain Gedenspire put away his sabre!) With many ladies proudly & beautifullywearing Ephemera Gowns, it could have easily been an Ephe Luik Fashion Show as well! (Trasgo, as an aside,received many compliments on his new "mad hair" as he chose to refer to it!)

2563_discussions.jpg

2564_discussions.jpg?width=750

2565_discussions.jpg?width=750

"Graceful" will be on exhibit until late October, leaving ou plenty of time to visit the Gallery and immerse yourself in the unique artistry that is ~ Ephe Luik.

Bravo!Ephe ... et merci.

2566_discussions.jpg?width=750

updated by @candace-ducatillon: 06 Oct 2016 06:45:11AM
Lady Bluebird of Orkney
@lady-bluebird-of-orkney
11 years ago
81 posts

This is a truly amazing exhibition. It just made me happy to be in the midst of all that talent and beauty!

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
11 years ago
359 posts

I visited after the opening event, and am glad to have had time alone to absorb! The birds are my special delight - although the ballet dancer in rose and masque is also entrancing. I am very sorry to have missed the artist's talk, though.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Lady Burnstein
@lady-burnstein
11 years ago
225 posts

Very beautifulexhibition! Congrats dear Ephe :))

Joan Claremont
@joan-claremont
11 years ago
363 posts

This is so beautiful a really inspiring exhibition. Everyone looks so lovely. I am glad there was much joy shared at this event! I think my favorite is the abstract ballet dancers. I'd love to put that in my home. ;)

Summer Serendipity
@summer-serendipity
11 years ago
69 posts

A highly popular event well reported, Candace. Excellent tribute to Ephe's fine exhibition. ( ;

Serenek Timeless
@serenek-timeless
11 years ago
33 posts

Beautiful photography to complement a wonderful account of the event.

Ephe Luik
@ephe-luik
11 years ago
169 posts

thank you so much to Candace, Aldo and Sere for inviting me to show my drawings.

Thank you to so many great friends that came, big hug

Ephe

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
11 years ago
313 posts

One of the most beautiful events I have had the pleasure and joy to attend in SL. And now, I have found Ephe's beautifully made gowns, as well as her beautiful works of art. All are joyful!