Living History
Donate to LHVW

Virtual Exhbits

Marie-Adélina de La Ferrière
@marie-adelina-de-la-ferriere
10 years ago
80 posts

Morning/Afternoon/Evening Everyone:

Because I don't have a sim to contribute to this marvelous project of ours, I've always wanted to contribute my RL talents in-world. So, I was wondering if anyone would be interesting in coordinating a virtual exhibit? Right now I am working on my master's thesis where I look at the role of portraiture in displaying majesty in Stuart England. The next step is to create a virtual exhibit through a 3D software, as well as converting my thesis into an iBook for presentation. I would like to do something similar sometime in May/June should I not hear back from the fellowship programs I have applied for. As this is more of an experiment than a profession, I will not charge for this.

updated by @marie-adelina-de-la-ferriere: 06 Oct 2016 06:27:31AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

Certainly an interesting subject for a master's thesis.

I'm wondering what would the virtual exhibit consist of? Portraits with associated notes/links?

Tell me more :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

This is such a wonderful idea. A friend and I have been building an exhibit covering the history of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) from its organization through its suppression in the 18th century. Transforming masses of data into an exhibit is both rewarding and daunting. The Society is, I believe, a truly misunderstood force in the shaping of Western history, and telling their story using 3D software to create an immersive experience stretches my brain like nothing else I've found!

Your project is intriguing . . . portraiture is an incredible chronicle of the times.

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
10 years ago
359 posts

We would certainly be interested in showcasing something of this nature in Antiquity, where we are in the process of formalizing re-establishment of the Regency court of the United Kingdom. An exhibit on the House of Stuart would be a perfect complement to our historical framework, and by May we will have several venues that would be suitable (possibly including Buckingham House which is entering its final stage of recreation now.) Please IM me inworld if you're interested.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
10 years ago
80 posts

Because the software I am using is very limited, I have created posters using Photoshop. I can then hang them in the virtual exhibit space. Users can then browse through the gallery. Unfortunately, the media I have also created cannot be implemented unless I use QR codes. (But that would be silly, right?)

10 years ago
80 posts

I would have LOVED to recreate Banqueting House in SL. The school would have funded up to $1,000! Sadly, not a builder. :/

10 years ago
80 posts

Absolutely!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

I have been considering an exhibition space in the Petit Trianon (already have the room roughed out & just need to do some finishing touches) so if you are interested we could discuss doing something there.

Sorry but I don't know what QR codes are. You'll have to enlighten me :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
10 years ago
80 posts

We can definitely talk about it more! QR codes look like pixelated bar codes. Using a smartphone or tablet (if they have a camera), when someone scans the code it takes them to a website. For my displays it will present little 2 min videos on the person (Charles I, Queen Anne, William of Gloucester, Catherine of Braganza).

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

There must be a way to use QR codes via SL. It would be great to have access to the videos as part of the exhibit.

--
10 years ago
80 posts

It has been a while since I have been back in-world, however, I am happy to report I have received my Master's! Always a perpetual student, I have gone back to school to also complete another degree I was working on as an undergrad (Media Production). I know some did message me a while back, so if anyone is still interested in the project let me know!

XOXO,

MJ Baudin

MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
10 years ago
647 posts

Congratulations to you!