Living History
Donate to LHVW

Shared Seas Adventurers - "Navigator" Challenge Added!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

2950_discussions.png

Are you ready for a challenge?

The Duch de Coeur & Rocca Sorrentina have been blessed withlovely lands, sparkling seas and many magical moments created by theirexuberant communities & dedicated management. Combine all of this wealth with their shared seas and it's the perfect place for adventure.

Shared Seas Adventurers

This group is open to anyonewho is interested in participating inone or moreof the challenges devised by the wily management. Please note thatall of the regular liability waivers apply ;)

Visit Shared Seas Adventurers to get started.

For Everyone that Participated in the Shared Seas Celebration: Sailboat Race

You've already earned at least one achievement! Join the group, set up a blank journal & contact me to have your badge added.

The first new challenge has already been added!

See Duchie in Challenges

Thanks!!

Tatiana

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 23 Oct 2016 12:18:24AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

Thanks, Mercury!

Since the Duch is committed to being non-violent, whenever I feel the urge to slay something (or someone) I goand play Skyrim or Civilization :))

On the other hand, I'd love to see some survival-oriented challenges especially ones that involved some sort of strategy. Battling fortune, the elements & good old Mother Nature make for some interesting scenarios.

If anyone wants to help develop challenges, we'd love to put different teams together :)

We're trying to get as much variety as possible so that there is something for everyone.

About the poster - I had a lot of fun trying to find an image that would reflect the spirit of the new group. What I discovered is that it's really hard to find an appropriate"period" image that includes both men & women. Most of the pictures I found had swashbuckling pirates carrying off damsels in distress (in various states of undress).

Since I was in rather a hurry to get rolling, I went with Anne Bonney & Mary Readas in The History and Legends of Anne Bonney and Mary Read . I'm thinking that when we get established we can take a picture of our members and come up with a new poster that is more customized for us.

BTW - I owe you a Volunteer badge for helping out with the race. I'll deliver it as soon as you create your journal.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Capt. Lucerius Zeffirelli
@capt-lucerius-zeffirelli
10 years ago
14 posts

In terms of weaponry related challenges that allows one to get their demolitions urges satiated, yet still adhere to the "non-violent" policies of the land, you can buy exploding barrels or other floating targets. I've got some SPD compatible floating powder kegs that work rather well and are a lot of fun. I believe I may have bought them from Le Grenier du Chateau, however there are other brands available. There is also a self-sailing target ship called "The Sitting Duck" that sails in circles until sunk. Cannons can be acquired for free on the marketplace... do a search for "Aleymart." Sharpshooting competitions can also be done with the use of practice dummies... perhaps stationed in and around the fort, for instance, with firearms shot from a floating platform, such as a ship... or vice versa.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

Thanks for the information, Captain.

It's an area I don't really know anything about and what you're saying is very interesting. We'll have to investigate further.

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

2951_discussions.png

A new challenge has been added!

See Ornithologist in Challenges

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

2952_discussions.png The Shared Seas of the Duch de Coeur & Rocca Sorrentina can be as treacherous as they are beautiful.

This challenge takes the adventurer through all the hazards of our fair seas armed only with his/her wits, sailing skills & a rather leaky sailboat.

2953_discussions.png

See the Navigator Challenge for more details!

--
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
10 years ago
647 posts

This is soooo cuteeee!!! Haha