11 years ago
1,903 posts

Dear Courtiers:

.:**: .:**:

Royal Courts of Second Life

is

Moving to a New Home

.:**: .:**:

Yes, it's true!After four enjoyable &productive years,the release of Ning 3.0 means that we will soon be getting a brand new site for our community network.

As with any move to a new home, it's an exciting timeand there is alot of work to do;designing & buildingthe new space; going throughcontent to see what stays & what goes; moving it all over without breaking anything; the to-do list seems a bit daunting.

I've set up this new Forum Category, not only to keep you informed but to solicit your input and help. Hopefully this will make our transition a smooth one (and a little less scary) and before we know it we will be enjoying our new venue.

I'll be posting regular updates and in the meantime, check out the Ning 3.0 information to get an idea of where we are headed.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 07 Oct 2016 12:35:51PM
Fiorino Pera
@fiorino-pera
11 years ago
11 posts

Thanks for this news, and good luck in the move. My question is with regard to blogs. Will they be obliterated with the move? And all the photos that we have uploaded? Will they be removed as well? Looking forward to your reply.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Good question, Fiorino.

My understanding is thatALL of our current content will be migrated over to the new site. So all the blogs, photos, forum discussions etc. should make that move.

This is one of the reasons we've already started the clean up process as this is a good time to remove content that we don't want to migrate.

Ning is working on migration software and they are currently estimating that it will be up and running in October. I wouldn't hold my breath for that date but at least we have a ballpark estimate. As part of our migration strategy I think it is prudentto wait until some of the bugs have been beaten out of the software before we do our own transition.

I am currently working on a "sandbox" version of the new site, which Ning has provided to me free of charge until the migration software is working. They haven't mentioned how longwe will have to make the transition before they start charging for two sitesbut that will be a consideration as well.

After all the content is moved some of it will have to be rearranged before the site is looking its best but at least we will be up and running :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Time to take a look at where we areso we canfigure out where we're going :)

Members (828)
Groups (117)

Events (918)

Forum Discussions:
General Discussion (188)
Getting Started (16)
Social Announcements & Introductions (50)
Court News, Rules & Etiquette (117)
Marketplace (604)
Architecture (18)
Book Lovers (8)
Bloggers' Corner (58)
Food (9)
Property Rentals (10)

Blog Posts (370)

Photos (6,896)

Videos (397)

Whew! That's a lot of content for a niche site :)

--