Market
Donate to LHVW

Baroque Fashion Week?

Marie-Adélina de La Ferrière
@marie-adelina-de-la-ferriere
13 years ago
80 posts

I'm sure many of you are aware of the growing number of Court rp-ers, and with that comes opportunities for designers and other merchants to create goods. I was wondering if any designers would like to take part in a Baroque Fashion Week(end) sometime in September of October.

updated by @marie-adelina-de-la-ferriere: 14 Oct 2016 06:09:55AM
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
13 years ago
647 posts
I LOVE this idea! LOVE!
Belladonna Ohare
@belladonna-ohare
13 years ago
52 posts
As an avid buyer, I am fully in support of this idea!
13 years ago
80 posts

To further entice designers, perhaps cash (Linden) prizes could be given out. A prize would be given to a designer in several categories - New Designer, Accessories, Wig-Maker, etc. - with a larger prize given to a designer that exemplifies the skills and knowledge of an 18th century designer (perhaps, with the coveted title of Grand Couturier).

Craутon T. Cavιℓℓ
@celestin-gouffier-de-bonnivet
13 years ago
46 posts

That is a very lovely idea .... but you should also try to encourage designers for male clothes, there are only a few ... and maybe to encourage clothiers, you can offer to the best one the title of "Couturier du Roy"

Adélaïde
@adelaide
13 years ago
43 posts
I adore this idea and i would love to offer my products in this fashion event:)
Renonys d'Aquitaine
@renonys-daquitaine
13 years ago
46 posts
I am hosting the fall fashion show at the end of August - maybe the fashion show could be the opening event to kick off Baroque week? It might be a nice way to start things off.
13 years ago
80 posts

Let's definitely talk about this. I won't be in-world this weekend so it would be best we exchange messages here. :D

Henri Louis Marie de Rohan
@henri-louis-marie-de-rohan
13 years ago
192 posts
Capital idea sir! New male creations are an absolute must!
13 years ago
80 posts
Could we possibly start a list of potential designers?
13 years ago
80 posts

Another idea I would like to present for the Baroque Fashion Week is the setting of the venue. Should it be held a la 18th century salon, or like a modern fashion show? The big difference is presentation, as the former would more than likely have models standing in one spot while attendees walk around, view the gowns and discuss (or gossip) court affairs while enjoying baked goods and tea. The latter would be organized with seating arrangements while models walk the runway.

Also, any suggestions for venues?

Renonys d'Aquitaine
@renonys-daquitaine
13 years ago
46 posts
The fashion show that I am hosting will be a runway show as in the traditional sense, if this helps.... I've sent you a PM. :)
Madame Desireme Fallen
@madame-desireme-fallen
13 years ago
110 posts
I created and hosted such a event last year called "I want Candy", at Versailles. You should have seenmy over the top invitation for it! It was a huge success! I had the models walk into a salon, where the guests were seated and eating candy, pasteries,and drinking pink champagne.Everyone, present,was presented with gifts, including the famousVersailles Limited EditionEarrings,and there was a contest, every 15 minutes,for who knew the most about the french court whereI gave very nice amounts of lindens as prizes.The models walked through the salon, while stopping so that the dresses could be inspectedby our guests andwere narrated upon by me, very professionally I will add, detailing the dress with the oohs and ahs from the large audience of women present. Yoohoo had a fantastic range of wigs presented, as well at my fashion event. I enjoyed putting that together and it was hard work gathering the designers who were required to create dresses specifically for theevent and for versailles, with discounts being given at the event,and models, invitations, and such. I am comtemplating doing it again, as annual event at Versailles. I am proud to say, I set a very high standard for anything to follow that event. This year we have approved fashions to consider for Versailles, that have the seal of 1772 from our court.
13 years ago
80 posts

Duchesse de Saint-Pierre: I like your concept! If you would like a hand in the coordination I would be more than happy to have you on-board!

Most Christian Majesty: I called it Baroque Fashion Week because, well, I was tired when writing it (so sorry!) I know the title did not exist but perhaps a seal of approval, like the 1772 seal, that can be used by the grand winner? I know in later centuries the British Royal Family granted the use of their coat of arms to certain merchants supplying the royal family but not too sure if that was done in the late-18th century. Either way, it would show the SL designer has the skill and knowledge to create gowns specially made for the time period. I do like Alexis' concept. With your permission, could we have a meeting sometime this week? I am fortunate to enjoy a break before I begin my new work and school schedule so I will have the free-time to coordinate with the appointed board and send out invitations etc.

Madame Desireme Fallen
@madame-desireme-fallen
13 years ago
110 posts
My dear Comtesse de Chiverny, I appreciate your verykind offer of help, but if I do do it as annual event, I will spear head " I Want Candy Ladies of VersaillesEvent II. I was very proud of how it turned out, with verymy careful attention, planning,and hard workofcarrying outthe executionof my concept.Smiling,with anything else that has been created, no one would give your "baby" the care and attention you would yourself.