Market
Donate to LHVW

Announcing "Ecclesiastica"

Charles Xavier de Bonald
@charles-xavier-de-bonald
12 years ago
23 posts

1841_discussions.jpg

Ecclesiastica is a store dedicated to faithfully recreating the splendor and beauty of vestments, habits, and devotionals of the Catholic Church, with an eye to the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Our growing collection includes vestments, items for chapels both public and private, devotionals, religious artwork, mitres, thrones, relics,and a few sundry and un-categorized items. While over the coming weeks we will unveil a complete line of clerical vestiture, Ecclesiastica is not only for the clergy and their best friends. Ecclesiastica also sells wonderful devotional items for use in the home, all bearing the prestigious Versailles Label of Accuracy. Come and visit our two locations, in the Versailles Marketplace and at the Chateau de la Motte-Tilly (Les Lumieres) and do join the group!

1842_discussions.jpg The "Frayssinous" Tabernacle:

Named for the Minister of Ecclesiastical Affairs and Education under Charles X, this tabernacle opens to reveal a lace interior.

1843_discussions.jpg

The "Du Barry" Prie-Dieu:

Some might ask about the strange name given to this prayer kneeler. We shall say it is an act of gratitude for an encouraging but persistent muse. A lovely addition to any chapel or home, it comes with a lovely prayer pose.

1844_discussions.jpg

The "Affre" Crucifix:

Named for the Archbishop of Paris killed during the tumult of the Revolution of 1848, this nicely crafted crucifix comes complete with a sculpted corpus.

1845_discussions.jpg

The "Expiatoire" Missale Stand:

A nice stand which bears the Missale Romanum (Roman Missal...the book of prayer used during the Mass) with ribbons.

Come and visit our great number of interesting historical creations. Remember, the Sedia Gestatoria (the portable throne of the Popes) makes for a great photo-op!

1846_discussions.png?width=750

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Chateau%20de%20Versailles2/200/7/23

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Le%20Petite%20Roche/194/243/24

updated by @charles-xavier-de-bonald: 06 Oct 2016 01:58:51PM
Lady Burnstein
@lady-burnstein
12 years ago
225 posts

My compliments monsieur Terray, very interesting pieces...

MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
12 years ago
647 posts
Hihi, I love it! The Du Barry prie dieu is of course favorite. I only had to use a liiiiiittttleee force to have you post your products on the ning, I am so proud!
MariaAntonia Barenhaut
@margaret-maria-lady-verney
12 years ago
125 posts

Ecclesiastica (did I spell that right?) Try saying it 5 times fast :P

Fabulous stuff dear! I remember you making it all ;)

LouiseBathilde Sapphire
@louisebathilde-sapphire
12 years ago
100 posts

Ill be back for the rest of my skeleton!!!! Wonderful stuff dear!

Aimee Wheatcliffe
@aimee-wheatcliffe
12 years ago
51 posts

I want a confession!

Sophia Trefusis
@sophia-trefusis
12 years ago
471 posts

I am glad you didnt use more or you would have broken him :P

Sophia Trefusis
@sophia-trefusis
12 years ago
471 posts

Skeleton? What have you been up to? Seriously I cant take my eyes off you for even a minute :P

Sophia Trefusis
@sophia-trefusis
12 years ago
471 posts

Wonderful work Ethel. There I know you could do it!

PS. I will be coming to fetch my "prie dieu" shortly ;)

MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
12 years ago
647 posts

Oh don't make me come get you!

Craутon T. Cavιℓℓ
@celestin-gouffier-de-bonnivet
12 years ago
46 posts

Wonderful pieces indeed ... I love especially the prie-dieu, the crucifix and the missel .... I will have to make a tour of your shop soon.