Market
Donate to LHVW

CdT & "TB" Family heirlooms, Chair Louis Philippe 1830 - 1848

Zed Tremont
@zed-tremont
8 years ago
14 posts

a.chairlp.png

A cooperation between Catherine and Zed de Tremont, "Twice Baked" and "Caprices des Anges".

Asked my mother to take some pictures of some antique objects she has of which some are passed down for at least a few generations. Not all of them are suitable to recreate for virtuals but some of them are actually very suitable.

First one a simple but nice Louis-Philippe chair (1830-1848), this is the easiest to recreate version there is still one where swan heads are worked in the back. Very elegant but need to think about how to handle those.

With the Louis Philippe style it was for the first time possible for the middle class to have more "elevated" furniture. It is the start of democratisation of a number of pieces of which the most famous and typical for this time is the sledge bed (lit bateau). Typical are gracious curved pieces of wood. Relatively simple and less ornamented furniture and in general easier to accept for modern eyes in a more modern interior. Artisans started to work in series instead of individual pieces. The industrial revolution had started.

ChaiseLouisPhilippe_1.jpg

ChaiseLouisPhilippe2.jpg

ChaiseLouisPhilippe3.jpg

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,889 posts

Looks fabulous, Zed!  What a great project, to be able to model from your rl family treasures.

Thank you for the brief history of the Louis Philippe style, it's definitely one of my rl favourites.  Yes, I have one of those sleigh beds :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Zed Tremont
@zed-tremont
8 years ago
14 posts

Thank you :), right now bringing in a little copper candlestick holder (Directoire - 1795 ~ 1999) just after the French revolution. FP mesh should be on the market tomorrow or perhaps this evening. At least the FP version. A new sleigh should be made too the former one was my very first model I made in maya. Meanwhile... euhm... let's say the skills have increased a little bit.

Leopoldina
@leopoldina
8 years ago
280 posts

What a beautiful creation Zed!

Zed Tremont
@zed-tremont
8 years ago
14 posts

TY Leopoldina, credit for texturing goes to Catherine :)