Queen's Hamlet
Donate to LHVW

QH Seafood Market

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,899 posts

TatianaDokuchic Seafood Market 01.png

There's a new Fishmonger (Fishwife) in town and she's been busy setting up her seafood stalls in the QH Market !

She's also working on a simple system for people to sell fresh seafood directly to the QH Co-op.  No more baskets, salting, or packing, just the fun of fishing with some coins earned for your effort.  Here's how:

• Pick up a free Fresh Seafood Sales Kit from the Fishmonger stall.  It contains the "QH Fresh Seafood Dropbox" and an information card.
  • Check out the "Fresh Seafood Today's Rates" board to see what the Fishmonger is currently purchasing along with the current rates.
  • Deposit individual pieces of seafood into a "QH Fresh Seafood Dropbox" to get a count for each type of seafood.
  • Record your counts in the Units column on the "QH Fresh Seafood Invoice" found in the dropbox.  The Fishmonger is happy to calculate your Total $s for you (he/she cheats and uses an Excel spreadsheet) or you can do the figuring yourself and enter them as well. 
  • Remember that Tuna is tricky!  You have to rezz each one and see how many PORTIONS there are per tuna.  Use the total number of portions for your Units.
  • Save your updated Invoice notecard.  Keep a copy for your records and leave another copy in the dropbox.
  • Send your dropbox to Tatiana who will approve the invoice and make arranges for you to receive your coins.

TatianaDokuchic Fresh Seafood Dropbox_01.png

Please ensure that the seafood has at least TWO FULL DAYS before it expires.  You can check with Tatiana to ensure that the Fishmonger is available to do the processing in the allowed time frame.  Do not included packed and/or salted seafood.  This may be sold by QH Members from vendors in our Market.

Large sales could potentially blow the QH Co-op budget so please contact Tatiana if the value of your catch exceeds 20,000 coins.

The dropbox can also be used to store your seafood.  Touch the box to rezz the next object in alphabetical order.

Happy Fishing!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 25 Mar 2019 10:41:32AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,899 posts

I'm looking for a few brave souls to test out the dropbox.  Una's had a go at it and so far so good.  You will find one in the Fresh Seafood Sales Kit located at the Fishmonger stall.

Please report back along with any questions you may have and I'll post the answers here so that everyone can learn from them.

Thanks!

Tat

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Bessie Hull
@satoharu-nakamura
5 years ago
41 posts

Hmmm... I might just have to go angling!

Abbondio Rezzonico
@abbondio-rezzonico
5 years ago
39 posts

As you said: An interesting ploy!
I'll be sure to look into it. Also, this has made me review the Bank's institution to expand our activities and include more of our community. It will be published in another post.

--
Abbondio Rezzonico
Banker, Merchant & Vintner
@ Rocca Sorrentina
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,899 posts

Abbondio Rezzonico:

As you said: An interesting ploy!
I'll be sure to look into it. Also, this has made me review the Bank's institution to expand our activities and include more of our community. It will be published in another post.

Check out The Workings Of The Banco Rezzonico (In G&S Economy) .  I'm thinking this would be an excellent way for the QH Co-op to pay for Fresh Seafood.  Funds could be transferred from the QH Co-op account to the account of the individual selling the seafood :)

I've been racking my brain for ways to Make Fishing Fun Again.   Our group used to tournament fish quite often in the early days before the introduction of baskets and packing tables.  I understand & appreciate where Sombra was going with the added complexity but it had the unfortunate side effect of turning off hobby fishers.  Seafood became more of a big business, sold only for L$ or coins at an exorbitant rate in an effort to fight off re-sellers.

I'd like the Hamlet to have as many "fun" activities as possible so hopefully this will help.  My secret dream is for someone to create a character that lives in The Boudoir and is our resident fisher.  I think that the juxtaposition between the fancy residence (of the interior at least)  and the chosen occupation provides a lot of material for a rich character background.  If anyone has a friend out there looking for a new rp character please suggest this to them!

--

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 26 Mar 2019 08:19:33AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,899 posts

Many thanks to Stangbo & Una for being the dropbox beta-testers.  I'm delighted to report that everything worked as expected and there were no explosions of seafood.  Thank goodness because tiny pieces of eel are so hard to remove from a good gown ;)

--
Una Lunaqat
@una-lunaqat
5 years ago
58 posts

All good.   No fishy explosions.  I was saved from running through the village screaming ew ew EW!!   lol

I don't know if you'd ever rent the dairy/light house but I always thought that would make a great little lake-side home.  Good potential for story there too.  It's wonderfully worn and surprisingly roomy.

--
Una (Unalunaqat Resident)
Madame D'Qat
Ferme sur Mer (Sea View Farm), Queen's Hamlet
Villa Toscana,LL, Rocca Sorrentina
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,899 posts

Una Lunaqat

I don't know if you'd ever rent the dairy/light house but I always thought that would make a great little lake-side home.  Good potential for story there too.  It's wonderfully worn and surprisingly roomy.

I hadn't thought of that, Una.  Right now I'm being selfish and enjoying it as a public building.  I might eventually getting around to expanding the dairy aspect of it because I love that RL historical connection.  Basically just looking at it makes me happy :)

--