Queen's Hamlet
Donate to LHVW

Farmer: Crop Growing

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,902 posts

No need to be intimidated! It's just earth, water, seeds & sun - what could go wrong?!

Tending a Community Plot

If you're interested in tending a community plot contact Tatiana to have one assign to you. Send her a full perm copy of your profile picture and your new plot will be identified something like this ...

658_discussions.png?width=600

You're going to need a source of water. Fortunately, the Queen has seen fit to gift us with a WIND WATER PUMP. Touch it to receive barrels of water (each barrel contains 10 buckets).

659_discussions.png?width=600

Rez a barrel close to the reservoir of your new plot ...

660_discussions.png?width=600

The reservoir will automatically fill from the barrel. Water needs may vary by crop but the average seems to be one bucket per 12 hours.

If your field is located in a set of four you will be sharing irrigation duties with the neighbouring farmers. There should be a communal barrel in the centre of the grouping. Please make sure to replace any that are missing.

661_discussions.png?width=750

Touch the crop for information ...

662_discussions.png?width=750

Process = % Grown - at 100 you can Harvest

Grain = blank or 1 - at 1 you can Harvest

Security = Group - everyone in the Queen's Hamlet group has access to this plot

Language = English - you may choose to set it to Spanish

Water = 6/6 - buckets of water currently in the reservoir

Care = 2/2 - more about that in a moment

FLOATING TEXT = OFF - Sometimes floating text is a necessary evil in SL but in this case we really don't need it turned on.

Use your HUD to Care for the Field ...

663_discussions.png?width=600

This action takes Energy and the higher your energy level the more chance you have of success. Yes, you can fail at this (it depends on an automated dice roll).

Touch the little orange triangle on the right of the HUD to get the menu. Select "Caring Field" (second page). Cross your fingers :)

Well tended fields grow faster so keep an eye on them.

When the field is fully grown HARVEST (haven't reached that point yet so no pictures). You can also check out G&S Information for specifics about each type of crop.

Enjoy the fruits of your labours!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Nov 2018 09:57:48AM
Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle
@claire-sophie-de-rocoulle
8 years ago
112 posts

are you standing on your field when you open the options? If your not the option wont show.

Isabeau de Hautefort
@isabeau-de-hautefort
8 years ago
0 posts

"Caring field" doesn't show up on my hud at all :(

Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
8 years ago
264 posts

Yes, it can definitely go for more than 24 hours. With time I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,902 posts

That's a good question. I haven't figured out if it is a set time yet but I do know a field can go more than a day without Caring and remain at 2/2.

If the rating slips it just means that the field grows a bit slower so no real harm done. I'll post again if I find a definitive answer.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle
@claire-sophie-de-rocoulle
8 years ago
112 posts

How often do you need to be "Caring" for your field?