Queen's Hamlet
Donate to LHVW

Study Secret Knowledge

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,900 posts

You're feeling pretty comfortable with your everyday activities, time to branch out and learn some secrets!!

Knowledge is often difficult to acquire and learning these secrets is going to take some effort.

826_discussions.png?width=750

Required:

• Study Book (purchase at G&S )
  • Study desk (located in the Office )
  • Papyrus scrolls of various levels
  • Candles
  • Coins
  • Time

Gather your materials (papyrus & candles may be purchased in the Office) and rez them near the desk. Rez the specific book to study

Sit at the desk & load the materials.

Study

For those of you that like to multitask, it's possible to cook meals at the same time by moving your camera over to the Kitchen ;)

Note that if you do not use you knowledge for a period of two months you will lose it (dang!!) so choose your secrets wisely.

STUDY BOOKS:

827_discussions.png?width=750

828_discussions.png?width=750

829_discussions.png?width=750

830_discussions.png

There's also a secret Master Lumberjack Axe in a bottle that's available as a catch in Tuna Tournaments.

So what will you try first?! I still can't decide but I'll be saving my coins until I do!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 22 Oct 2016 04:43:03AM
Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
8 years ago
264 posts

Oooooh yes I've seen this discussed definitively in the G&S group (you may have also): The Desk *definitely* saves your progress so if you have to step away for ... em ANY reason you don't have to start all over again. If you have to log, it will pick back up where you left off, time-wise. Thank goodness! Congrats on the cake house! I'm longing to make the custard roll after having seen it in so many markets, and having bought a few ...

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,900 posts

Thanks for the tip! The Cake House looks great :))

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle
@claire-sophie-de-rocoulle
8 years ago
112 posts

I got my own desk at my place just so I can build while I study. Had a moment of panic when I sent a part flying off to the other side of the sim and stood up to get it forgetting I was supposed to be studying. Good to know it saves your progress so you can sit back down and continue where you left off.

831_discussions.png?width=721

And the result is a yummy Cake House :D

832_discussions.png?width=524

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,900 posts

Yes, I don't know what to study first. Maybe I'll do something this weekend :)

--
Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
8 years ago
264 posts

Oh you got the desk! I have been running around so much I have not been paying attention to everything on here! I'm going through posts because I can't log in right now (shakes fist at "Unplanned Maintenance"). Will have to get some books.