Queen's Hamlet
Donate to LHVW

QH Getting Started with ACS

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,895 posts

TatianaDokuchicFarming for Fortune 06L.png

This Getting Started guide is intended as a quick introduction to the Antiquity Crafting System (ACS) for the Queen's Hamlet Co-op.  It may also be helpful for anyone starting ACS at level 1 that intends to be a farmer.

Please note that my experience is limited so my strategy is still evolving.  And speaking of evolving, ACS is in its early days and changing at a lovely pace.  This means that suggestions that work today might not work tomorrow so I'll try to keep updating as we go along

ACS is challenging!  Starting at level 1 with limited funds and resources means that you are in survival mode.  As Una pointed out, we're back to our early G&S days of eating fish in the morning, noon, and night. Thankfully with community support and an initial loan we can not only survive but thrive.

First Steps:

• Check out the ACS Starter Guide
  • Head to the Antiquity RP Help Centre to get your HUD
  • Select your Class (Noble or Townsfolk)
  • Select your first Profession (Peasant which may give you bonus experience points (xp) and coins for farming)
  • Head to the Bank in Antiquity Bath to get your weekly allowance - do this every Thursday
  • While you're in Bath fill your pockets with any edible apples you can find - free food!

At this point you have two choices.  It is highly recommended that you sign up for a QH Job (see QH Job Offerings ) or you can decide to go it alone in which case you should 

• Head to the Harvest Traders in Mont Saint Bruno (turn left at the sketchy guy standing at the corner) and purchase wheat seeds for 10c
  • Head to the Antiquity Public Farm and haul some water from the well
  • Find a vacant wheat field and plant it - it will be ready for harvest in 48 hours
  • If you can't find a vacant wheat field and/or you would like another wheat field head to Louis' Worker Fields

Whew! You're on your way :)

REVISED: May 31, 2019 with QH Job Offerings

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 31 May 2019 04:31:45AM
Bessie Hull
@satoharu-nakamura
5 years ago
41 posts

The slurls were exactly what I needed! I now have my own bag of wheat seeds and two fields ready to harvest in two days.

updated by @satoharu-nakamura: 28 May 2019 09:05:32AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,895 posts

Bessie Hull:

The slurls were exactly what I needed! I now have my own bag of wheat seeds and two fields ready to harvest in two days.

Excellent!  You'll be baking bread in no time :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
5 years ago
252 posts

Ahoy there.....great post...thank you for this.  As I mentioned, I will be leaning on you for your insight and experience.  

I know the [ACS] can be challenging at the start, but as we wanted to make it fun and fulfilling too, you get to work you way up.  We knew at the start, that using coins to purchase everything, instead of lindens would be quite a change for the norm, but it was also intended that way to get people more involved.  Also, we did not want cost to be a hamper from playing.  Not all people in SL are fortunate enough to have spending money in world.  This way, they can also participate on an even footing with those who might have the financial advantage.

That said, we are still on a learning experience.  Even though Louis has done a pronominal job, it is one thing to plan a system, its another to see it start up and issues not thought of pop up.  Thank God Louis is a fabulous scripter or I would be bald from pulling my hair out.  That is why your insight and that of all the users, will help us fine tune it all the more.

I will mention, that I have created some herb harvesters, that will be spread about like the flowers.  Once the herbs are up and working, which will be soon, a notice will be posted and they will be ready to be harvested.  Keep an eye out for the notices about when they are out.

One other thing, Tatiana, you have done a fantastic job with this post and helping newbies.  I would just like to mention as well, Louis and I are also available to help you or anyone in any way we can.

Now i'm off to make some Lord Tippy's Best brandy.  Cheap but potent.  I better get the labels right or you may have one more princely mouth to feed some of that bread.  

Bessie Hull:

Holler if ya need anything...I would be happy to help.

*waves*

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
wiseboyqc
@louis-francis-de-beauharnois
5 years ago
34 posts

Tatiana Dokuchic:

• Select your Class (Noble or Townsfolk)

• If you can't find a vacant wheat field and/or you would like another wheat field head to Louis' Worker Fields

Whew! You're on your way :)

First, awesome comment Tatiana, thanks for putting much time and energy into this! I enjoy seeing your evolution curve and will have to finish updating the starter guide that lack professions support... Also I like how you didn't mentionned the pirate class ;) Tough I'm no pirate myself, I want to mention that they also can be Peasant and follow the same curve as Townsfolk.

And big thanks for the promotion of my Workers fields :) Hope to see yours soon promoted on the forum too.

Smile and waves

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,895 posts

Rest assured that the QH is up for the challenge, Jacon!  We're definitely a hardy bunch.  I'm really looking forward to gathering those herbs.  Might even try some of that brandy, as soon as I can afford it.

Thank you, Louis for all this fun!

It's true, I left out the pirates on purpose.  Didn't want to be corrupting the good farmers of the QH with dreams of Spanish treasure ;)

--

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 31 May 2019 04:36:16AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
5 years ago
1,895 posts

Revised to add the option of taking a QH Job.  Please note that this option is only available for members of the QH Co-op.

--