Forum Activity for @tatiana-dokuchic

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
18 May 2014 11:55:18AM
1,930 posts

Traveler Challenge: An Exciting, New Quest


Communty News & Events

Traveler Challenge

This complex challenge requires both intelligence and determination. It will take you across the length & breadth of the Duch de Coeur & Rocca Sorrentina using all available modes of transportation.

Definitely not for the faint of heart!

Start Location: Lieu d'Idylle, Aquitaine Coeur

At each destination on this quest you will have to answer a question. Touch the treasure chest for the question. You may use a Crystal Ball called "Google" to help you find the answers. Most answers are one word, sometimes two. If the answer is a person, it's usually just the last name.

Do not hit return after you type the answer, just type and then click submit. If you hit return, you will get an "incorrect answer" response from the Treasure Chest. If you are correct, the chest will open with a clue scroll to the next destination.

Anyone not in the Duchy group won't be able to rez the scroll so simply "wear" it from your inventory and then edit it to open and read the clue. It will be in your right hand if you wear it. If it hides in your clothing, simply "fly" for a moment and your arms will go out to the side. Another alternative is to TP home and then back using your return icon on your viewer.

If you are sure you have the right answer and the box doesn't open, contact SkyeRyder Varriale, Tatianadokuchic Varriale or Bedrich Panacek for help.

Part of this quest is to travel through it by the vehicle denoted in the clue. No flying is allowed! You are on the honor system for this part of the quest, but you will know you didn't properly complete it if you cheat. :)

In testing, we ran into some terrible region crossings. If that occurs, you are allowed to get yourself out of the issue and back to where you were by any means, even flying. That is the only exception! :)

Happy travels!

This challenge is open to everyone.

Members of the Shared Seas Adventurers Group should use their journals to include pictures of themselves using each mode of transportation PLUS a picture of themselves holding their quest trophy at the end of their adventure. You will be awarded a Traveler Badge when your journal entry has been completed.


updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 23 May 2017 06:54:52AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
07 May 2014 06:23:56AM
1,930 posts

271 Years Before Pantone, an Artist Mixed and Described Every Color Imaginable in an 800-Page Book


History

Considering the printing techniques of the time, it's not surprising that there is only one copy of this book.

It's been making the rounds of the internet this week which is very cool. After 300+ years it's getting some well deserved time in the sun :)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
01 May 2014 01:59:35PM
1,930 posts

Tatiana's Blogging Journey


Bloggers' Corner

With the arrival of spring I've been revisiting my own blogging journey so Strawberry Singh's Blogging Journey Challenge isvery timely indeed. What a wonderful opportunity to reflect on my travels, ponder the paths taken by other Second Life bloggers and make some corrections to my current course. Thank you, Berry for launching another excellent adventure!

Which electronic devices do you use to blog with? Tatiana, Duchesse de Provence Coeur, would say she uses only the finest quill pen and perhaps some oil paints. I keep it almost as basic and stick to my computer.


Do you have a mission statement for your blog, if so, what is it? Connect; Create; Entertain; Inform; Have Fun; Do no Harm; (not necessarily in that order).


How do you feel about blogs that use their platforms to spread negativity? If that's their only goal I'm not interested in them. Though I appreciate all sides of a discussion, relentless negativity will just suck the soul right out of you.


Are you a grammar junkie? Do you thoroughly check your blog for errors before posting and/or do you judge other peoples posts if they contain errors? I do make an effort to act as my own editor (it's not easy) with the goal of communicating clearly. As for judging other people's posts; I firmly believe that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :)


If you could switch blogs with another blogger who would it be ? He's not a SL blogger but I would switch with Philippe Joubert Lussac of Gris-bleu , consistently one of the most beautiful blogs I've ever seen. I also love Jamie Adair and her History Behind Game of Thrones . Dang! Why didn't I think of doing that!


Has your blog/blogging style evolved over the year(s)? How? My first post, Just Arrived , waspublished January 1, 2009. The whole blogging process was exciting & a tad overwhelming. Not only did I have to begin writing again but I had to figure out all the technical aspects as well as the whole blog design thing. At least now I can leverage my basic knowledge and concentrate on improving. Honestly, I continue to find the whole process fascinating.


What is the most extraordinary thing that has happened to you because of blogging? It's definitely expanded my world. I have an excuse to research history, art, architecture & Second Life all at the same time. Life is good!


updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:28:59AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
30 Apr 2014 05:27:29AM
1,930 posts

Chérie Design House ~ Anne Bonny Fantasy gown inspired by sword, sails and silk.


Marketplace Archive ** CLOSED **

Looks great, Joan! Just have to love that red.

I did a bit of research on Anne Bonny when I was setting up the Shared Seas Adventurers group. She certainly fit the bill of an adventuress!

Your next creation should be a nod to her companion, Mary Read ;)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
06 May 2014 12:27:24PM
1,930 posts

Embracing Canada's 30x30 Nature Challenge


Bloggers' Corner

I do so wish I could say that it counted, Jane! It works for me too :)

I also have suffer from "chair stuck to the bottom" and I've found this challenge combined with some spring weather has really helped me get up & out.

You'll have to report back and tell me if it's doing the same for you.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
02 May 2014 09:04:34AM
1,930 posts

Embracing Canada's 30x30 Nature Challenge


Bloggers' Corner

I feel your pain, Tiamat!

It was pretty much the same here in Ottawa until just recently. No wonder I didn't have any relaxing time out in nature for April!

I keep thinking of this picture, posted on the first day of spring by some intrepid family that lives near us

Now that the snow & slush have actually gone, I'm determined to get out there & enjoy!!

Photo credits:Sheila Lyttle-Clark (@LittleGoGo)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
02 May 2014 08:55:30AM
1,930 posts

Embracing Canada's 30x30 Nature Challenge


Bloggers' Corner

You're very welcome, Candace :)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
27 Apr 2014 01:03:04PM
1,930 posts

Embracing Canada's 30x30 Nature Challenge


Bloggers' Corner

You don't have to be Canadian to join me in this challenge, just add a daily dose of nature to your routine and reap the benefits!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
27 Apr 2014 01:02:06PM
1,930 posts

Embracing Canada's 30x30 Nature Challenge


Bloggers' Corner


Will I become happier & healthier by participating in Canada's 30x30 Nature Challenge ?


Will my well-being be increased by adding a daily dose of nature to my routine?


I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that all these good things will indeed be coming my way!

It's not that my crystal ball is extra shiny this spring, it's just that I'm already convinced of the restorative powers of nature. I believe that devoting thirty minutes a day for thirty days will give me a boost and so it will, even if only because of the placebo effect!

That's why this challenge is just so perfect. It gives us all an excuse to prioritize our rendezvous with Mother Nature and even encourages us with Daily Tips like "Find a quiet spot to listen to the birds" .

In fact, this tip and the pre-survey that goes along with the challenge were a bit of an eye-opener for me. Turns out that while I'm already fairly active outdoors, I never take the time to just unwind & enjoy my surroundings.

My "relaxing" hours outdoors for the last two weeks of April totaled zero!

Read more ...


updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:28:53AM
  100