Living History
Donate to LHVW

Traveler Challenge: An Exciting, New Quest

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

Traveler Challenge

This complex challenge requires both intelligence and determination. It will take you across the length & breadth of the Duch de Coeur & Rocca Sorrentina using all available modes of transportation.

Definitely not for the faint of heart!

3039_discussions.png

Start Location: Lieu d'Idylle, Aquitaine Coeur

At each destination on this quest you will have to answer a question. Touch the treasure chest for the question. You may use a Crystal Ball called "Google" to help you find the answers. Most answers are one word, sometimes two. If the answer is a person, it's usually just the last name.

Do not hit return after you type the answer, just type and then click submit. If you hit return, you will get an "incorrect answer" response from the Treasure Chest. If you are correct, the chest will open with a clue scroll to the next destination.

Anyone not in the Duchy group won't be able to rez the scroll so simply "wear" it from your inventory and then edit it to open and read the clue. It will be in your right hand if you wear it. If it hides in your clothing, simply "fly" for a moment and your arms will go out to the side. Another alternative is to TP home and then back using your return icon on your viewer.

If you are sure you have the right answer and the box doesn't open, contact SkyeRyder Varriale, Tatianadokuchic Varriale or Bedrich Panacek for help.

Part of this quest is to travel through it by the vehicle denoted in the clue. No flying is allowed! You are on the honor system for this part of the quest, but you will know you didn't properly complete it if you cheat. :)

In testing, we ran into some terrible region crossings. If that occurs, you are allowed to get yourself out of the issue and back to where you were by any means, even flying. That is the only exception! :)

Happy travels!

This challenge is open to everyone.

Members of the Shared Seas Adventurers Group should use their journals to include pictures of themselves using each mode of transportation PLUS a picture of themselves holding their quest trophy at the end of their adventure. You will be awarded a Traveler Badge when your journal entry has been completed.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 23 May 2017 06:54:52AM
Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
10 years ago
157 posts

looking forward to trying this when I have some free time

great poster btw

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

I'm glad you like it, Aldo!

Perhaps I'll see you out questing. Since Skye did the riddles & Bedrich did the questions I have the luxury of being able to participate in this challenge. I'm going to go slowly and savour it :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Catarina d'Aragon
@catarina-daragon
10 years ago
23 posts

This sounds grand! Great idea guys xox

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
10 years ago
359 posts

This looks like an interesting way to have fun. I hope I can find time to do it.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

You read my mind, Mercury!

I was going to post the suggestion that people could quest in small groups. From myexperience with previous quests devised by Skye thisis not going to be easy. I seem to remember being stuck in a cave with water up to my waist the last time I ventured out on one of her challenges.

Groups can be a lot of fun and will definitely make the journey more manageable so I encourage you to go for it.

BTW I started myself yesterday and still haven't found the second treasure chest. At this rate, I expect that I'll be questing until the snow flies! Should any of the other questers find my exhausted avi laying at the side of the road please stop to say hello ;)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

You might want to break it upand doa bit at a time, Tiamat. Another thought is to join a group which should be a bit quicker.

I'm going to be squeezing in my questing between a lot of rl gardening I have to get done. It should be a nice break from weeding & planting.

--
Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
10 years ago
157 posts

it's always more fun doing things in a social context

Leopoldina
@leopoldina
10 years ago
280 posts

That sounds like a very fun challenge! Its very nice to have such things in SL, specially since sometimes it can get kind of boring. I will try to check it out once I'm not so busy.

Shali and Miss Herzo, you'll have to do it with me! lol

Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle
@claire-sophie-de-rocoulle
10 years ago
112 posts

That was an epic Quest. The last Question nearly did me in kept wishing for an axe to break that chest open for the trophy XD. Thank you very much for putting it on, absolutely loved it.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

Congratulations to the first successful "Travelers":

• Claire-Sophie
  • Lady Sere
  • Charlotte

Anyone that's looking for an entertaining read and/or some quest motivation should take a peek at their journals in the Shared Seas Adventures group.

Too much fun!!

--
Leopoldina
@leopoldina
10 years ago
280 posts

Happened to me too!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,905 posts

We've heard this has happened but when we tried to reproduce the problem we couldn't. We tried it both with Firestorm & the LL viewers and were able to scroll down on both so go figure.

If you a problem reading the questions you can contact Skye or Bedrich and they will give them to you. Since I'm doing the quest I don't have them.

--
Capt. Lucerius Zeffirelli
@capt-lucerius-zeffirelli
10 years ago
14 posts

Can anyone spare a little hint for riddle no.8? I searched both markets rather thoroughly(at least I think I did) to no avail... maybe it's time to get some spectacles.

Capt. Lucerius Zeffirelli
@capt-lucerius-zeffirelli
10 years ago
14 posts

Never mind, folks. Thanks to a hint from Madame De Cugnac, I had found Chest no.9 and have now finished the quest. Updating journal now...