Music for the Sun King - book recomendation
Book Lovers
Hi Evie!! Thanks for the recommendation, I will certainly take a look.
Hi Evie!! Thanks for the recommendation, I will certainly take a look.
Yes, I'm speaking specifically of advertising for stores & products that belong under the Marketplace Category. The Discussion Forum is setup on the main page so that it shows the latest discussions from all of the categories and there is a limited amount of real estate (10 spots). I don't think it's fair for any onemerchant to try to monopolize those spots, hence the guidelines.
Each merchant should really only be creating a new post there once a week. Also, as stated in the Guidelines the Photos section should not be used and neither should the Blogs .
Sometime it's a fine line between what I consider to be "advertising" and someone showing off their new dress, for example. In that case, as moderator I have to make a judgement call on the item.
My goal with Royal Courts has always been to present a balanced view of our community as a whole andItruly appreciate everyone's continued support in this endeavour:)
Hello Everyone
I thought that it was a good time for a reminder of the Advertising Guidelines . Most NING Sites that I belong to actually ban advertising altogether because it can quickly get out of hand and become spam.
Being a merchant myself, I like having a place where I can put up the occasional advertisement. Being a customer, I enjoy seeing what's new in our Royal Courts' community. I think it's important for Royal Courts to support ourmerchantsas long as it isdone in a reasonable fashion that does not impact the enjoyment of this site.
I would askall merchantsto take a moment, review theAdvertising Guidelines (particularly limiting their advertisements to a maximum of one per week ) and please moderate yourselves. I would suggest that if you have additional information, products etc.over a week's time that it be added to your current post instead of starting a new one.
Thank you for helping to make the job of moderation easier for me and for keeping the site enjoyable for everyone!!
Advertising
Advertising on Royal Courts is restricted to Second Life Products. All advertising should be placed in the Marketplace Discussion Category. Second Life Merchants are asked to restrict their discussionscontaining advertisementsto a maximum of one per week. The Photo Section should not be used for product images.
)
Sounds like a great idea! Bonne Chance
)
It's interesting to note that Empress Maria Theresa , Marie Antoinette's mother,gave the firstname ofMaria toeach ofher 10 daughters. The prefix of Maria had been established for all Habsburg princesses in the days of the Emperor Leopold I .
Apparently the Empress also required that all of her first-born granddaughters be named after her which resulted in six princesses in various countries named Maria Theresa, including Marie Antoinette's own daughter.
A grand undertaking indeed! I look forward to seeing it progress.
A wonderful topic! As you can probably tell, I love everything to to with tea
)
The idea of having a RL Tea Room was the inspiration for my SL business. In my mind, nothing beats hosting a gathering of international tea drinkers
)
)