Eugénie's Jewellery Case
Marketplace Archive ** CLOSED **
Thanks Delos!
Merci beaucoup, Louis-Philippe. It is a bit closer to your time period than the furniture I usually create
)
Now available in my store and on the SLM at Eugenie's Jewellery Case .
It's been a while since I released something new and I thought that this piece was a good place to start. I find the idea of having such a wonderful place to house my (imagined) collection of jewelleryto bequite delightful
)
This exquisitely detailed jewellery case was designed circa 1855 for Eugnie, last Empress consort of France. The Empress, as you can imagine, had an extensive collection of breathtaking jewellery and this case was the perfect place to store some of it!
In a wonderful example of marquetry, delicate flowers are brought to life with inlaid porcelain & violet wood on a mahogany case. Bronze gilt cherubs provide additional decoration.
The two front doors open to reveal the various sized drawers.
Thanks for imagining along with me!! Now off to buy some more jems to fill up those drawers
)
Wishing you all the best in this exciting new phase of your life, Joan!!
Take care and drop by when you can.
Congratulations on this new adventure!! It looks wonderful & I'm excited for the two of you 
This is the last weekend for the hunt!!
Between November 25 - December 12, 2011 , the Duch de Couer sims of Second Life is hosting the "Stocking Stuffer" Hunt.
Merchants, Artists and Creators have placed gifts inside red socks and hidden them around their shops.
Horse-drawn sleighs in the Duch include a special section in their Menu. When you board a sleigh, select HUNT from the Menu and you will be given a selection of Hunt Participants to visit. Use the sleigh to travel to each location in style. The Duche is in winter with frost and new-fallen snow, so enjoy the scenery and feel free to explore, knowing that you can always call a sleigh when you are ready to resume. Happy Hunting !
Provence Town Square is one good place to catch a carriage.
To get a sneak peek at the prizes, visit the Hunt website .SLurls will also be provided so one may teleport from the site to Hunt locations.
For any questions, please contact Bagheera Kristan.
Have Fun!
I'm moving this to "Court New, Rules & Etiquette". Thanks.
Congratulations on this new adventure!!
You're creations all look lovely & I'm so glad you've taken the plunge
)
Speaking of plunges, I had a marvelous soak in the Slipper Tub this morning. A great way to start the day for certain.