Market
Donate to LHVW

Eugénie's Jewellery Case

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,902 posts

1521_discussions.png?width=700

Now available in my store and on the SLM at Eugenie's Jewellery Case .

It's been a while since I released something new and I thought that this piece was a good place to start. I find the idea of having such a wonderful place to house my (imagined) collection of jewelleryto bequite delightful :))

This exquisitely detailed jewellery case was designed circa 1855 for Eugnie, last Empress consort of France. The Empress, as you can imagine, had an extensive collection of breathtaking jewellery and this case was the perfect place to store some of it!

1522_discussions.png

In a wonderful example of marquetry, delicate flowers are brought to life with inlaid porcelain & violet wood on a mahogany case. Bronze gilt cherubs provide additional decoration.

1523_discussions.png?width=350

The two front doors open to reveal the various sized drawers.

1524_discussions.png?width=350

Thanks for imagining along with me!! Now off to buy some more jems to fill up those drawers :))

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 15 Oct 2016 01:07:59PM
Sir Thomas Cave
@sir-thomas-cave
12 years ago
145 posts

How Lovely!

MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
12 years ago
647 posts

Gorgeous! :) You should make more furniture... or........ ... host fairs :$

*loves coeur fairs*

Skye Varriale
@skye-varriale
12 years ago
96 posts

Just Lovely!

Henri Louis Marie de Rohan
@henri-louis-marie-de-rohan
12 years ago
192 posts

Such wonderful work, as always - and lovely to see designers creating beautiful pieces for the newly-emerging courts of the 19th century also! Alas, a bit futuristic pour moi! ;-)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,902 posts

Merci beaucoup, Louis-Philippe. It is a bit closer to your time period than the furniture I usually create :))

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,902 posts

Thanks Delos!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,902 posts

LOL - Now that the snow is melting in Provence Coeur I'm hoping that the next Coeur Fair will be in the spring. I'll keep you posted :)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,902 posts

Thank you, Stormy. Yes, the creative muse made a visit and I'm hoping that she'll stay around for a bit :)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,902 posts

Thanks Skye! You'll have to get Bedrich to buy you aLOT more jewellery so that you can fill a few of these ;)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,902 posts

Merci beaucoup, West. I know that it can be a bit tramatic looking into the future or was that back to the future. I'm so confused ;)

--
Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
12 years ago
264 posts

Oh, Tat, another beautiful piece of furniture! I am usually not keen on "Victorian" (or, in this case, Second Empire), but I must make an exception ... for a piece of Eugenie's commission, of course, ahhh such good taste! And so well-done by you!! <333

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,902 posts

Thank you!!

I don't often venture so far into the future(ok I do have a soft spot for some of Josephine's items) but you just have to love how all those flowers were pieced together.

I also discovered Eugnie through this piece. A fascinating woman for certain, I'm eager to learn more about her.

--
Henri Louis Marie de Rohan
@henri-louis-marie-de-rohan
12 years ago
192 posts

More of a Sissi boy myself. Or so they used to tell me at school...

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,902 posts

Which brings us to Franz Xaver Winterhalter whose most famous paintings were of

the Empress Eugnie Surrounded by her Ladies in Waiting (1855 ),

Winterhalter_Franz_Xavier_The_Empress_Eugenie_Surrounded_by_her_Ladies_in_Waiting.jpg?width=500

and Elisabeth of Bavaria, Empress of Austria(Sissi) :))

Empress_Elisabeth_of_Austria_with_diamond_stars_on_her_hair.jpg?width=300

And yes, I'll use any excuse to display a Winterhalter painting!!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,902 posts

Thanks, I'm glad that you like it :)

--
MariaAntonia Barenhaut
@margaret-maria-lady-verney
12 years ago
125 posts

Oooh this is fabulous!

You know, as much as I do love Sisi and Eugenie, I must confess (not that it's obvious or anything...)but my favourite has to be Victoria :P

Quecay
@quecay
12 years ago
123 posts

Truly exquisite, Tatiana!

MariaAntonia Barenhaut
@margaret-maria-lady-verney
12 years ago
125 posts

queen-victoria-franz-xaver-winterhalter.jpg

Just felt I had to squeeze in a Winterhalter too :P

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,902 posts

You can never have too many Winterhalters :)) Thanks!!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,902 posts

Thank you, Quecay :))

--