O Tesso Casa Comercial Real de Lisboa - Trading in second-hand Court goods
Marketplace Archive ** CLOSED **
On the other hand *coming back to my point of permissions on a product* Who cares? Without biting the tail too long; this is one of those things a merchant should think about before opening a shop.
Yes, I agree that merchants should think about this before opening a shop, I know I did. But I do pity the poor souls that are overwhelmed with becoming a SL merchant and haven't thought to include that in theirbusiness plan.
Here's what I think about setting permissions on items that I sell. Most of my items (every thing except my houses and some garden items) are No Copy/Transfer. This allows me to keep the price lower than if they were Copy. My understanding is that Copy/No Transfer items for things like furniture are3 to 5times the price of items that are No Copy/Transfer. I figure that this is a good deal both for myself and for my customers.
I know that I can trick an item into being No Copy/No Transfer but I think all that I will accomplish is alienating my customers as theyreally don't expect No Copy/No Transfer items.
So withmy strategy, I'm betting the farm on the fact thata resale business is not a viable one. Again, let me state I'm not talking about individuals that have yard sales or people that pass something on to friends on occassion. I'm talking about people who are consistently making a good profit from selling 2nd hand goods. So far this has proven to be the case and I'm guessing it will continue to be that way because that's just how SL works.