Living History
Donate to LHVW

Petit Trianon: Views & Plans

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,919 posts

As many of you know, I'm slowly re-creating this beautiful gem of a palace in SecondLife and I thoughtit was about time thatI dedicated a blog page to summarize my adventures during this journey.

Please see Petit Trianon .

Thanks!!

Tat

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:12:09AM
Adélaïde
@adelaide
12 years ago
43 posts

I have always admired your petit trianon and i was interested on how it would come out.Such a lovely idea to show us all the process of building it:)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,919 posts

Thanks Eleanore!

Looking back over my Project Timeline I see that I've actually done more tearing down than building up. There is always so much to learn when you are building in SL!!

I'm lucky that I have the opportunity to keep working on this without thepressure to complete it :))

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Joan Claremont
@joan-claremont
12 years ago
363 posts

As you know I love to make sketches at your Trianon. I look forward to all yourimprovementsand will visit again soon to walk in the newFrench garden parterre you have laid out. ; )

Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
12 years ago
264 posts

Thank you for showing us this, Tat. You know how much I love the Petit Trianon, the real one AND yours, I think most really lovely long-term projects in SL involve a great deal of refinement (read: tearing down and rebuilding!), but think of how many tools and techniques have been introduced and discovered since you began, and how much your own remarkable gifts have grown. Good thing I'm not pressuring you to move in. ;) (old joke)

Lord Myron de Verne
@lord-myron-de-verne
12 years ago
113 posts

HHHMMM can't wait to follow this blog's thread!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,919 posts

It's always a pleasure to have you sketching in the gardens, Joan!

The French parterre was a lot of fun to do. Have to start thinking about switching over to summer flowers :))

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,919 posts

You are most welcome, Constance. Thank you for following along all of these years!!

As we've discussed before, the introduction of mesh, convex hull & larger prims made a huge difference for projects like this. One of the reasons I slowed down (back in 2010) was the number of prims that were being consumed. I despaired thinking that I would run out of prim allowance and never be able to actually furnish the place. I would imagine that Versailles was in a similar situation. Sad thought especially after all the work involved.

I was truly overjoyed to rip out all of those (sometimes ill-fitting) mega-prims and start again!

As far as moving in goes, you know that there's always a spot reserved for you. Now if I could only get a roof on so you don't have to keep staring at the stars ;)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,919 posts

Merci beaucoup Myron :))

I'm hoping that having a Timeline will inspire/shame me into more frequent updates ;)

--
Adélaïde
@adelaide
12 years ago
43 posts

Hehehe,that's the point! I enjoy building the most when i don't have any pressure,but when i am just in the mood of building :)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,919 posts

I agree though it does sometimes lead me to procrastinate :)

--