Living History
Donate to LHVW

Support Royal Courts Ning Site - Target Met - Thanks!!!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 years ago
1,919 posts

Hello Everyone

As you may have heard, starting July 2010 Ning will no longer provide free sites. After reviewing the Ning Pricing Plans and some discussion here at Life after Ning?Ning free pages closing down there seems to be a consensus to go with the Ning Plus Plan.

Ning Plus will cost us $199.95 a year (or $19.95 a month). Given that there are currently 247 members, I think it is reasonable to assume that we can raise the annual fee. If so, we won't have to worry about fundraising for another year. This will be approximately L$54,200. I propose that we do not collect more than this amount asone year in advance seems like a good milestone. If we do not collect enough money by July, I propose we go on a monthly basis even though it will cost us 16% more. Sound good?

I have setup a donation box at the Coeur Fairgrounds . Look for the big Royal Courts sign & Pay it to donate!

Many thanks!

Tatiana

FinalTotal : L$55,050=US$199.95 (depending on exchange rate of the day)

Donors

May 8, 2010: Bebe Begonia, Satoharu Nakamura, Summer Serendipity, Fiorino Pera, Myron Verne

May 9, 2010: Jojo Deed, Mikk Graves,Ephe Luik, Bre Coba, Peachez Preiss, CapabilityTodd Elswit, Spike Clemenceau, OFlaherty Dreadlow, Breeze Underwood, Fletch Kidd, Serenek Timeless, Stormy Lorakeet, Walter Gedenspire, Candace Ducatillon, Daquan Mongrain

May 10, 2010: Jerit Weiser, Pekel Panacek, Leary Macpherson

May 11 & 12, 2010: wuzz Illyar, MariaLouisa Muircastle, Anu Papp, Charles Bamboo, Trasgo Beaumont, Mandy Razorfen

May 13, 2010: West Lyvingstone, MariaAntonia Barenhaut, MarieJosette Laville, SkyeRyder Varriale, Bedrich Panacek, TatianaDokuchic Varriale

I have disabled the donation box as we now have enough funds for a one year subscription starting in July 2010.

Many thanks for all of your generosity & support. It is truly appreciated!

Tatiana

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:03:23AM
Skye Varriale
@skye-varriale
14 years ago
96 posts
I think we should stay here. I will personally donate $20.00 USD toward that total.
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 years ago
1,919 posts
May 8, 2010Donation Total: L$3700 - US$13.70Donors: Bebe Begonia, Satoharu Nakamura, Summer Serendipity, Fiorino Pera, Myron VerneWe're off to a great start. Thanks!!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 years ago
1,919 posts
May 9, 2010Donation Total: L$21,650 = US$80Donors: Jojo Deed, Mikk Graves, Ephe Luik, Bre Coba, Peachez Preiss, CapabilityTodd Elswit, Spike Clemenceau, OFlaherty Dreadlow, Breeze Underwood, Fletch Kidd, Serenek Timeless, Stormy Lorakeet, Walter Gedenspire, Candace Ducatillon, Daquan MongrainAfter our first full day we are already more than one third of the way there. Thanks!!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 years ago
1,919 posts
You are most welcome Gallyon.I saw that you were recently a bit lost in the country, a real adventure to be certain! Fortunately the residents tend to be helpful to wayward souls :)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 years ago
1,919 posts
May 10, 2010Donors: Jerit Weiser, Pekel Panacek, Leary MacphersonWe're past the half way point!!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 years ago
1,919 posts
May 11 & 12, 2010Donors: wuzz Illyar, MariaLouisa Muircastle, Anu Papp, Charles Bamboo, Trasgo Beaumont, Mandy RazorfenWe're almost there!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 years ago
1,919 posts
May 13, 2010Donors: West Lyvingstone, MariaAntonia Barenhaut, MarieJosette Laville, SkyeRyder Varriale, TatianaDokuchic VarrialeI have disabled the donation box as we now have enough funds for a one year subscription starting in July 2010.Many thanks for all of your generosity & support. It is truly appreciated!Tatiana

--
Anne, Comtesse de Noailles
@anne-comtesse-de-noailles
14 years ago
263 posts
wowowow we made it! :))
Charles Bamboo
@charles-bamboo
14 years ago
3 posts
Great work. I knew we would make it. I think that you should keep the donations open. Use the money for events, etc... Or even for yourself, I really appreciate all your efforts in maintaining this site.
Lord Myron de Verne
@lord-myron-de-verne
14 years ago
113 posts
I agree with everybody!!! I'm so glad we can go on being together, happy, and silly,and serious at times!! and sharing the same interests, games and passion!Those who contributed so efficiently and quickly to this fundraising got three rewards:-they can be proud of their action-the adventure of Royal Courts will go on-they received the ruby-red rose of honour from the hands - and mainly from the heart- of our beloved and admirable Duchess of Provence, Tatiana!For Tat, hip hip hip...Hurrah!!!!
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 years ago
1,919 posts
Woo Hoo!! We did do great!! Everyone should give themselves a well deserved pat on the back :))I am going to stick with the original plan and not collect any more money than we have now, i.e. enough to fund this site for one year starting in July. I would just feel uncomfortable with anything else, though I do appreciate the sentiment behind it.My thanks also for all of your kind words. They certainly brought a smile to my face :))

--
Skye Varriale
@skye-varriale
14 years ago
96 posts
I am pleasantly surprised at how fast everyone came forward to donate! I agree, this site is very special and integral to the Royal Courts of Second Life. Thanks Tat!
Docteur Panacek
@docteur-panacek
14 years ago
69 posts
We all love and appreciate the work you are doing here Tatiana. Thank you so much :-))