Living History
Donate to LHVW

Mariners be warned! The waters of Antiquity are not safe! Frequent Kraken Attacks reported!

Edward Develin Beaumont
@edward-develin-beaumont
11 years ago
9 posts

The crystal blue waters of Antiquity looks safe and peaceful, but below the waves lie something horrible.

The Kraken has been reported to have attacked several ships and gone after some of the children of Antiquity. It sank the merchant vessel Pied Piper. Captain Del Ivery said, "The beast came out of no where. It was fast and the noises it made chilled me to the bone. I was lucky to escape with me life."

Yesterday evening the creature threw Captain Roberts ship the Chevron completely out of the water before swimming away to attack 2 little girls.

Then when all seemed calm an undead captain believed to be Davy Jones appeared and attacked the island of Oceania. After laying waste to the port he demanded that which been taken from him be returned. Unfortunately no one knows for sure what he is talking about.

Mariners are cautioned to stay close to shore and report any strange occurrences to the Royal Antiquity Navy.

updated by @edward-develin-beaumont: 11 Jan 2017 01:49:15AM
Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
11 years ago
157 posts

please define "strange occurrences?"

Capt. Lucerius Zeffirelli
@capt-lucerius-zeffirelli
11 years ago
14 posts

I testify to seeing that strange green squid from the safety of the battle docks, and have borne witness to his power as he rammed the Chevron onto the rocks of the Loire, beaching the ship. A terrible beast indeed. The captain didn't have a chance. ((Is the Kraken a random encounter or an official antiquity event?))

Twelfth Night
@twelfth-night
11 years ago
221 posts

I seen this beast up close myself! The hideous screech strikes terror into the heart! I barely escaped my last encounter with the giant squid. Be careful out on the seas friends... I have also had accounts of a Sea Witch. Not sure if these rumors are true.

Joan Claremont
@joan-claremont
11 years ago
363 posts

I keep looking from my balcony but have yet to see this fearsome beast from the deep!

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
11 years ago
359 posts

I fear that the Sea Witch accounts are also true. She seized Duchess Twelfth Night last evening and released her, but kept a lock of her hair...and appeared briefly at a ball in the community...and I see that Her Grace has not updated her comment even though the Sea Witch clearly is more than rumour. I fear that some dread arcane use is being made of that hair. The Sea Witch's lair is too close to Ile MarieGalante for comfort, so I have started a protective potion of my own brewing on the beaches.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
11 years ago
358 posts

Near Regency Somerset, a few short hours ago, Baron MacRory and myself saw a ship off in the distance. Upon exploring it, the vessel was floundering and bore a Spanish flag but British cargo. Suddenly the ship thrashed about and we bid away post haste in a rowboat. The ship exhibited this behavior perhaps due to the Kraken or was under a spell by the Antiquity Sea Witch herself? The ship settled near the Palacio Bexar and was calm as could be, we left her to her fate.

Cathryn Beaumont
@cathryn-beaumont
11 years ago
6 posts

Good people, these are trying times indeed. Be vigilant for yourselves, and keep a very close eye out for the safety of our children. I am ever certain that together we can devise a way to rid our waters of these horrors.

Cathryn Beaumont
@cathryn-beaumont
11 years ago
6 posts

It is MOST prudent of you to take the precaution of brewing a protective potion. I pray you will not be in need of it, but 'tis better to have it.

Edward Develin Beaumont
@edward-develin-beaumont
11 years ago
9 posts

I am not so sure about it being random. There are a lot of things seeming to be connected. I would say there is definatly a pattern here.

Curtis
@curtis
11 years ago
103 posts

Dusting off old tomes in the Antquity Library

I ran across an Interesting Scroll, My Favorite Kraken recipes

( from the same cook who wrote those best selling scrolls, 1,001 Kraken recipes, and How to cook Kraken for 300

By Presertim incompertus scriptor

In the 6th year of Antinanus.

Looks like we should be planning a feast and try a few of these.

Sincerly.

Baron BrendonPatrick MacRory.

Suit 32, Trafalgar Arms, Port Austen, Somerset Regency.

Lizbeth
@lizbeth
11 years ago
42 posts

that nasty ol sea witch and that kracken keeps trying to kidnap me :c