Living History
Donate to LHVW

Shared Seas: Sailboat Race - Too much fun!!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,903 posts

3002_discussions.png

Bail out your boat - We're having another race!

This Sunday, April 13th so you still have time to get in some practice.

The course is already marked with the start/end near the Library in Aquitaine Coeur Nord at: Shared Seas Race Start/Finish

After the race, we'll be celebrating our victories & drowning our sorrows at the Languedoc Tavern .

Check out SL Sailing Pro Tips: A Lighthearted Look at Second Life Sailing for tips & tricks specific to the course.

The Navigator challenge is an way to become familiar with the course hazards.

The race will be run in heats of no more than 5 boats. If you have a preference for heat #1, #2 or #3 please post here with that preference so that I can coordinate the list. First come, first served!

May you have fair winds & following seas!!

.:**: .:**:

Event information: Shared Seas: Sailboat Race

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 11 Jan 2017 02:57:02AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,903 posts

If Captain Zeffirelli accepts your challenge, I would be please to make the arrangements, Mercury!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Quecay
@quecay
10 years ago
123 posts

Great duel, if it carried out !!
I'm not sure I could witness it and, in that case, it would be a pleasure to see some pictures.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,903 posts

Great idea, Quecay!

Perhaps some of those not wishing to sail would volunteer to take pictures.

Are you going to be competing? Among other things, I'm looking forward to seeing you in one of your new outfits :)

--
Quecay
@quecay
10 years ago
123 posts

This time I cannot participate, Tatiana, because I will be away and I'm so sorry because it's very fun.

I hope to be on time of the tavern ball.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,903 posts

I'm sorry you're going to miss the race, Quecay.Looking forward to seeing you at the tavern :)

--
Capt. Lucerius Zeffirelli
@capt-lucerius-zeffirelli
10 years ago
14 posts

Don Mercurio, I accept your friendly challenge and am looking forward to seeing how well you sail. So be it then, the First Heat it is. Madame Dokuchic, please set my respected challenger and I to this time slot. May Poseidon bring us calm waters and may the four winds blow us swiftly to the finish line.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,903 posts

Excellent!

I will reserve spots for you two gentlemenin the first heat.

Looking much forward to this :)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,903 posts

We're now reserving spots for the anticipated two heats.

If you have a preference for when you race please give me a shout & I will reserve a place for you.

You can find the list at Shared Seas: Sailboat Race

--
Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
10 years ago
358 posts

Sadly I will be away this weekend but back on Sunday .... I hope to be able to see this!

Smoothe waters and safe paths my friends,

Lady Leena :)

Lady Bluebird of Orkney
@lady-bluebird-of-orkney
10 years ago
81 posts

My own schedule may make it difficult to be here in time for the beginning of the event, and I have not yet mastered the boat and the seas (ok -- I admit, dumped embarrassingly early on my practice runs), but I hope to make it in time to see and perhaps photograph parts of the race. So remember gentlemen, somewhere, someone may be watching -- and recording -- your tactics. May the best sailor win!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,903 posts

Last reminder!!

Get your water-wings on :))

--
Lady Bluebird of Orkney
@lady-bluebird-of-orkney
10 years ago
81 posts

Oh no - I didn't make it back in time. Who won? Are there pictures? Was blood shed?

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,903 posts

Sorry you missed it and luckily no blood was shed ;)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
10 years ago
1,903 posts

The seas were fair and the competition was stiff!

Congratulations go out to CaptainLucerius Zeffirelli who took first place.

Also completing the race & earning their "Sailor" badges:

SkyeRyder Varriale
Mercury Gandt
Grimhilda Resident

3003_discussions.png?width=721

After the race we adjourned to the tavern to exhaust ourselves dancing.

Many thanks to all those who participated including all those who cheered the sailors on, dared to ride as passengers in their boats and took pictures along the route. Special thanks to Aldo, Sere & Bedrich for volunteering.

It certainly was a lot of fun!

--