Living History
Donate to LHVW

Independent Project - "Peterhof"

Mademoiselle de Fraises
@mademoiselle-de-fraises
13 years ago
10 posts

Four days ago I started to build Catherine Palace in Peterhof. This project I am sponsoring myself, build myself and make all textures myself (from original). I am planing to recreate Amber room as well, among about other 8 rooms with their original interior, and build other structures, includingfountainsand gardens.

I don't claim it to be any "court". This is just representation of my mother land - Russia. I have been in Peterhof and think it isbeautiful. I think Russia is represented very poorly in SL, or in time not represented at all. So this is just for everybody to see and enjoy. There is a lot of work to be done, but I am going to keep posting pictures 1133_discussions.png?width=500 here of my progress. I would appreciate all your comments to keep me motivated. Thank you very much for your attention.

I also started to decorate of of the room to see how it may look like. so here is another pictures. I noticed there is a wood heated "pechka" almost in every room in Russian palaces. 1134_discussions.png?width=500 1135_discussions.png?width=500

updated by @mademoiselle-de-fraises: 11 Oct 2016 04:56:57AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,902 posts

Good luck with your project!!

One of the reasons I came to SL was to explore historical art & architecture and recreatingit is a wonderful way to learn and appreciate these great works.

I'm looking forward to seeing more :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Mademoiselle de Fraises
@mademoiselle-de-fraises
13 years ago
10 posts

Thank you for your support Tatiana and Kristianna!

I totally agree thatthroughbuilding in SL you explore and learn history. I visited Peterhof few times, but 100 years ago (in 1991 it was still in a bad shape). and now looking at the pictures on Internet I am amazed how wonderful it looks. I wish I could visit it again. such a bright fresh colors and clean fountains! butrecreatingit here, is great way to learn more about the palace,architecture, purpose, life and design of it's every room.

LadySatine Constantine
@ladysatine-constantine
13 years ago
24 posts

finaly someon with vision to create of of the turely remarkable palaces of all time, love to see this in person some time, I bet it would make a wonderful addition to russia Rp, I know Bre would of loved this when he started Russia. Now that was a wondeful russia in its hey day, I cant remember how many sims there was but it was beauitfuly done, a ture as one could get to history, such a shame it is gone now, I remember it like it was yesturday.

Mademoiselle de Fraises
@mademoiselle-de-fraises
13 years ago
10 posts

Thank you for encouraging words! I hope I won't run out of prims!

Day 6. I was working all day,literally, on making texture for Grand Entrance, which was very hard. I cant find any whole piece texture for walls, so I have to cup out from what I got and put it all together in Photoshop. and it is still not finished, not even close.. Actually I have to do it with all texture for this project. I also tried to recreate Green Dining Room yesterday. 1136_discussions.png?width=450

I dont know what to do with the 1st floor of the palace, it was used forhousekeepingpurposes before, and now it is mostly littlesouvenirshops.

1137_discussions.png?width=500

Princess Vorontsova-Dashkova
@princess-vorontsova-dashkova
13 years ago
4 posts
You have an idea for detail you have done extreamly well
Mademoiselle de Fraises
@mademoiselle-de-fraises
13 years ago
10 posts

Thank you for your fast replies! and I am glad that you all like it so far.

I am doing my best. the work on thepicturesis not finished. the only things completed are thegildeddoors and some wallpaper. I also added 4 window wall from each side 2 days ago.

and about details.. it is so hard! sometimes I have to work long hours on one wall texture that goes only on one piece of wall (I mean 1 prim), and cant use it anymore.

but this palace was expended and rebuilt so many times, who knows how it looked inside 200 years ago...

I cannot not to share, how sad it is to read about whatfascistsdid with palace in 1944, theybasicallydestroyedit. some parts had to be rebuilt from scratch. some rooms are still not restored. I may try to recreate on of those rooms based on old pictures and drawings from 19 century.

Aimee Wheatcliffe
@aimee-wheatcliffe
13 years ago
51 posts
I love the textures, I hope I can see it soon!
Mademoiselle de Fraises
@mademoiselle-de-fraises
13 years ago
10 posts
Day 7. I was working today on one side of Grand Staircase hall. Upper texture is not finished until I found high resolution one. The low texture is better, so I used that one for the wall with windows. I also moved walls around a lot... anyway, please let me know what you think. 1138_discussions.jpg?width=500
Maria Carolina von Habsburg
@maria-carolina-von-habsburg
13 years ago
17 posts
I love the project you are doing and the textures you are making for it are amazing. I look forward to seeing more pictures as your work progresses. As a lover of russian imperial history it is so refreshing to see more russian content coming into SL :))
Mademoiselle de Fraises
@mademoiselle-de-fraises
13 years ago
10 posts

Hello Maria,

thank you for your kind words. I am glad you like my textures;)) I am working on Ball Room now, and will be posting some pictures soon.

Marie-Adélina de La Ferrière
@marie-adelina-de-la-ferriere
13 years ago
80 posts
It is phenomenal, Madame. Congrats on your work and keep going!
Mademoiselle de Fraises
@mademoiselle-de-fraises
13 years ago
10 posts
Thank you Dona Mariana ;) I am glad to hear that people need it.
Belladonna Ohare
@belladonna-ohare
13 years ago
52 posts

Madame,

All I can say is WOW!!! I am just amazed!! It is lovely and I hope you will considering having a ball so that all of us may enjoy your beautiful work. :)