Market
Donate to LHVW

Roaring Twenties arrive to Le Grenier

Trasgo Beaumont
@trasgo-beaumont
9 years ago
60 posts

proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-Vfkdy5oluN8%2FVNKHlxRZOSI%2FAAAAAAAAF14%2F0Popq5q_GP0%2Fs1600%2FPOSTER%252BSPORTSMAN%252BCOLLECTION%252B02%252B.jpg&container=blogger&gadget=a&rewriteMime=image%2F*

If you want to cut the rug, you like speakeasy and you love charleston and foxtrot (how about electro swing?), this will be your favourite collection from now!!

Maybe you prefer to feel the fresh air in your face riding your Bugatti, sailing in your yatch or why not, crossing the skies aboard your biplane, this one will be your collection too!

Le Grenier du Chateau have the pleasure to introduce you our first set for gentlemen from roaring twenties, 20's SPORTSMAN COLLECTION, that we hope will be of your taste.

All models are designed in 100% mesh, using the newest advanced materials to obtain the most accurate degree of realism in your 20's style life.

We just placed on sale the first designs included in this set, but soon we'll launch more and we'll keep informed to you about that! From now, you can take a sneak view to the following gallery of these designs that you can get in our Main Store or in Marketplace.

To the Gallery...

updated by @trasgo-beaumont: 06 Oct 2016 01:58:51PM
Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

Wonderful.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,905 posts

Looking good, Trasgo!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Trasgo Beaumont
@trasgo-beaumont
9 years ago
60 posts

Aww you looks very elegant my friend! ;-) In fact I created this clothes in a first time to sail (stylish sailing of course!) although as you can see are very comfy to other outdoors activities.. with the right weather!!!

I'm glad you like, and I wish you lots of fun with them!

Trasgo Beaumont
@trasgo-beaumont
9 years ago
60 posts

Thank you Tat! I'm glad you like this "modern" Trasgo (I have my wigs and tailcoats in my wardrobe too, don't worry about) LOL

Trasgo Beaumont
@trasgo-beaumont
9 years ago
60 posts

Latest news! I added a new set of tweed trousers...indispensable in a 20's gentleman wardrobe!!!

3310_discussions.jpg?width=721

Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

YEHA!

Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

Now, when will we see Plus 8's Breachers?

I always like the look of the Gentlemen (not just for playing Golf) in the afternoon, a belted tweed jacket with leather patches on the elbows, like a hunting jacket, Plus 8's, Argyle socks and two tome Spector shoes, it makes for a dressy relaxed look. (seen pictures of people like E.L. Cord, Douglas Fairbanks and Charlie Chaplin dressed like this.)

The story goes this also lead to the development of the Boston Bags (United States) or/ Oxford Bags in the U.K., that with the craze for golf among collage men, and that breachers where consider required wear on the course, and not considered acceptable in the hall's of higher education, that some men would have thee slacks made large so as to be worn over the plus 8's, finish class, simply remove the pants, and one ready for the golf course.

This lead to the adoption of the Bags or as we called them in the 1970's, Bell bottom pants, as a popular style in the 1920's.

So, as a Gentlemen of the 1920's, I do look forward to being able to order a pair of Boston Bags, and Plus 8 pants.

Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

3311_discussions.png?width=721

Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

3312_discussions.png?width=721

Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

3313_discussions.png?width=721

Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

I want to compliment you and thank you for your excellent 8 pice / Newsboy cap.

Background, or at lest as I been told and have read, the 8 pice or Newsboy cap comes about as tailors would take the scraps of fabric from making a suit, and sew them together in to caps, sometimes they give them to the customers, some time they sell them. When it was slow in the shop, the tailors would spend there time making these from the scraps, one can do this with much smaller scraps of fabric than the traditional Yorkshire or flat country cap. The Newspaper boys like the look, and the inexpensiveness of them, and it became fashion, for Newsboys to wear them. We all remember Jackie Coogan in the 1921 film with Charlie Chaplin, The Kid, with that way too large Newsboy cap.

But it was also worn by people of fashion, So it one item of clothing that both the Working man, and the kid, as well as the finely dressed gentlemen can wear.

Trasgo Beaumont
@trasgo-beaumont
9 years ago
60 posts

Thank you very much for your comment, I appreciate it not only for your words about my item, even for the wide knowledge about periods clothes that you have and that I have the lucky of enjoy and use for my future developments.

Well, I take to inform you that, thanks to one of our latest chats, soon I'm going to launch a set of plus fours trousers, to increase my 20's collection!

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
9 years ago
359 posts

Effective texturing, Trasgo - I can almost feel the scratch of the wool.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Trasgo Beaumont
@trasgo-beaumont
9 years ago
60 posts

Thank you;) advanced materials are almost magical :))

Curtis
@curtis
9 years ago
103 posts

I learned years ago, High Quality Wool, dose not scratch. Also, the proper care is important in maintaining soft wool (wash in cold water, air dry, use a gentle soap, one that leaves the natural oils in it. I will refrain from name brands here, but if it good to wash sheep with when it on them, then it suitable to wash the fabrics woven from it.)

Also, Natural fibers, i.e. Wool, Silk, Lenin, Cotton, unlike man made fibers, can breath, being more comfortable to ware both when it hot and when it cold.( That why I can wear a 100% Wool broad cloth blazer in the summer, and not feel too warm, or Wear a Harris wool Tweed jacket in the middle of winter, and not feel cold. Sorry, not a fan of Polyester, it locks you in like a balloon, but it dose not breath, hot in the summer, cold in the winter)

Any way, sorry for my lecture on the value of natural fibers in clothing.