Forum Activity for @tatiana-dokuchic

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
30 Jun 2011 06:42:27AM
1,931 posts

Registration Changes


Site News & Guidelines

Hello Everyone

In the past week a new pattern of registration requests has emerged. This pattern includes (but is not limited to)numerous accounts using brand new SL avatars as their reference.

Because of the number of requests, I don't believe that this patterncan be accounted for by random individuals happening to register all in the same time period. My guess is that one individual is creating multiple requests.

I am concerned about this shift in registration patterns as I cannot think ofany reason an individual would need upwards of 8 separate accounts here. I really don't want the site filled with sockpuppets or junk accounts.

I have suspended a number of accounts that had already been registered or were pending registration.Suspension will be lifted if the request turns out to be vaild. I have also sent out messages requesting further information as I really want tounderstand what is going on. So far I'm still in the dark. If anyone knows what's up we can discuss it here or you can contact me privately.

As a result of this, I will be requesting further information for pending registration requests where the SL avatars are new. In particular, I will want toknow the Main SL avatar behind the request.

Thanks for your help & understanding :))


updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 16 Oct 2016 09:55:31AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
28 Jun 2011 05:40:13AM
1,931 posts

New blog - "Andronica's Wolfish Thoughts"


Bloggers' Corner

Congratulations on this new adventure, Andronica!

It's a great start and I'm looking forward to reading more :))

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
27 Jun 2011 11:18:50AM
1,931 posts

Guidelines


Site News & Guidelines

Hello Everyone

I've just added a new Guidelines tab to Royal Courts (look up at the top, 3rd from left).

As you will see, itis based on the common sense guidelines that we have followed since the creation of this site.Withsome help fromthe NING Creators Guidelines, I believe thatthesepractices have been better articulated.

Take a look, see what you think and we can havea discussion here.

Thanks!!

Tatiana


updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:49:59AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
24 Jun 2011 08:47:05AM
1,931 posts

The Purpose of our event schedule


General Discussion

I seeRoyal Courts' Events as a tool thatmakes it easier forEvent Planners to make informed decisions. I always thought it was a key component in integrating the various courts into a community and that's why it has such a prominent place (top-centre) on the site.

Back in the old days (before RC) events often overlapped because it was really difficult to coordinate information that was being sent out by many different people through many different group notices, notecards etc. We would often change an event at the last minute so as not to clash with something else that was going on. Of course, thiscould cause a lot of confusion and youcould end up attending a gala ball in your sailor suit that was meant for a rowboat race;)

As a tool,Events works well because it's centrally located and simple to use. You can tell what's going on in a glance. Of course this depends on people providing accurate information in a timely fashion which for the most part has been the case - Event Planners give yourselves a pat on the back :)) .

I usually suggest that Events can be entered up to a month in advance whichgoes a long wayto "reserving" that time for you. In practice this actually works quite well here on RC as I'veoftennoticedEvent Planners working togetherto adjusttheir scheduling.

And speaking of integrating various courts into the community, that's always going to be a work in progress. WhatRC can provide is a larger context which can take a lot of getting use to, especially for new people. When you start a new project (in SL or in RL) you are sometimes so wrapped up in all the specific details that it takes a while to lift your head up and see that there is a bigger world around you that you can contribute to and benefit from.

Anyway, that's my L$50 worth :))

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
24 Jun 2011 06:21:39PM
1,931 posts

Did the What's on your mind change


General Discussion

A quick update regarding the Latest Activity. I'm still wrestling with by applying custom code andI think it looks better than it did after the Ning upgrade. I'll keep looking for more formal fixes from the company.
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
23 Jun 2011 01:22:05PM
1,931 posts

Did the What's on your mind change


General Discussion

Yes,Ning just changed it yesterday.

Ning updated the Latest Activity Feed and the "What's on your mind" was part of that update.

I'm not really thrilled with the look of the new Latest Activity Feed but that may be because I'm not use to it yet. I'm looking at the Ning documentation to see what options there are to change it. For example, I would like it to have a smaller font since it now contains a lot more information but I don't know it that's possible. I'll keep working on it.

Update: I found a patch to decrease the size on most of the text in the Latest Activity. It also seems that many Ning Creators are asking for functionality to control the amount of text that goes with the Latest Activity and Ning is considering it. I'll keep an eye out for these improvements.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
17 Jun 2011 06:12:55AM
1,931 posts

New on Royal Courts: Network "Like" Button


Site News & Guidelines

Hello Everyone

I'm trying out a new feature here at Royal Courts, the Network "Like" Button. Right now it is enabled for Blogs, Photos, Videos and Discussions.

Many times, I will look at content that Ireally enjoy but I don't have time to comment on itright away(I always mean to come back and commentbut then I forget-lol). With the "Like" buttonit's easy togive the author a quick pat on the back immediately.

With this change, you will also see that the five star ratings for videos and photos have been removed as they are replaced by the "Like" feature. This helps to solve the problem of the dreaded "one star" rating.

Take a look, try it outand see what you think.

Thanks!

Tatiana


updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:49:59AM
  164