Living History
Donate to LHVW

Christmas at Buckingham hits the Destination Guide!

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
9 years ago
359 posts

Yes, Buckingham Christmas is in the Guide!

http://secondlife.com/destination/christmas-buckingham-palace

Jacon's done an amazing job of decorating for the season - well worth dropping by to see, if you weren't able to attend the reception after La Boheme - and Twelfthnight's done good work of her own in flagging it for the Guide. (Of course the most exciting work of all was done in the late 1700's - early 1800's by Queen Charlotte, who introduced the concept of the Christmas tree into royal Christmases and therefore into the British Empire at large.)

Feel free to visit at any time this month. Costumes of the 18th or 19th centuries are appreciated but far from necessary for our guests.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch

updated by @tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi: 08 Jan 2017 11:55:39PM
Jean-Matisse
@jean-matisse
9 years ago
30 posts

I visited the palace a few days ago. The christmas decoration inside is absolutely stunning!

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

Congratulations! It looks wonderful :D

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

Fantastic and so well-deserved! I did miss the reception (I have missed almost everything the past few weeks due to some RL developments) and am so glad I will have a chance to visit still.

The tour Jacon gave a couple of months ago was positively jaw-dropping. An amazing, amazing build.

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
9 years ago
252 posts

Lady Leena, Lorsagne, Jean-Matisse...thank you so much ..I am so glad you liked it.

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Craутon T. Cavιℓℓ
@celestin-gouffier-de-bonnivet
9 years ago
46 posts

Jacon and his team did a fabulous job, the room are grandiose and the Xmas decoration wonderful !

Congratulations !!!