Living History
Donate to LHVW

Life after Ning? Ning free pages closing down

Wendy Slippers
@wendy-slippers
14 years ago
2 posts
To all who see these worrisome presents,, Greetings:

Ning ( host of this forum) has announced they are doing away with free ad supported sites- like ours-
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13577_3-20002611-36.html
http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/ning-update-rolling-out-full

I am a ning site owner as well, and Ive been looking at other options like spruz.com, but I would want to move my site where others from SL have gone,, so,,,
Where are you going? Can you take me with you?

updated by @wendy-slippers: 24 Oct 2016 10:13:10AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 years ago
1,919 posts
I don't know if we're going to go anywhere, we may just stay right here. I'm still waiting to see the new pricing model (out May 4th) then I can review the options and make a proposal to the group.We've built up a great community here and I'm really reluctant to move it, essentially having to start again. Also, we have no guarantee that any "free" site we move to will remain free.I'll keep everyone up to date as we find out more.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Lord Myron de Verne
@lord-myron-de-verne
14 years ago
113 posts
Stormy's right, Wherever there's a will there's a way, but we should not panic:) I think we all should trust Our Dear Duchess Tatiana, she never failed to give evidence of her experience in these matters and of her wisdom in general: and personally I will follow her advice when the time has come:)
Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
14 years ago
204 posts
Both Stormy and Myron have expressed my sentiments on this matter with their posts. :-)
Anne, Comtesse de Noailles
@anne-comtesse-de-noailles
14 years ago
263 posts
I agree with tatiana.But I also think that if necessary we should have a fundraiser event!this site is great!!
Henri Louis Marie de Rohan
@henri-louis-marie-de-rohan
14 years ago
192 posts
I'll certainly delve into my privy purse for whatever outcome is decided!
Madame Desireme Fallen
@madame-desireme-fallen
14 years ago
110 posts
Bonjour...i am willing to go into my purse as well....as I do appreciate being able to come here and view what is going on...I am sure others feel this way too!
Baharat Atlas
@baharat-atlas
14 years ago
19 posts
I share the sentiments of those who responded. It's a great way for us to communicate what's going on around the Duche. Naturally, I have a vested interest in keeping our community posted on the events and activities of the Academie de Musique.I'd be happy to help in any way that I can to keep our .Ning site operational. Please don't hesitate to call upon me for support.e
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 years ago
1,919 posts
My sincere thanks to everyone for their kind words & encouragement :))The new pricing model will be out soon and I'm very hopeful that, with your support, we can work something out which will allow us to continue here.Thanks!!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Captain Sir Walter Gedenspire
@captain-sir-walter-gedenspire
14 years ago
9 posts
splendid site, by all means keep it going.even with my slender means, i should like to add my share at a fundraising event,
Charles Bamboo
@charles-bamboo
14 years ago
3 posts
Tatiana, I would also put my support for this site. It looks like we need to get onto the Ning Plus plan at least, since there are currently 244 members. http://about.ning.com/announcement/?xg_source=www.ning.com http://about.ning.com/announcement/plans.php There are a lot of benefits to staying on a site like this vs other sites out there. Here is a recent comparison with other options which is an interesting read. http://www.c4lpt.co.uk/handbook/comparison.html
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 years ago
1,919 posts
Hi CharlesThanks for the link to the comparison report. :)My experience is that Ning is easy to administer and really reliable which counts for a lot. People have taken to it well and the community is growing and having fun :)Off the top of my head I would go with the Ning Plus plan ($19.95 per month). We will not be able to upload Videos or Music but it's $30 cheaper a month than the Ning Pro ($49.95 per month).We have until July to sign up.It would be great if a fundraiser could raise $199.95. Not only would we save16% but we wouldn't have to worry about funds for a whole year. Given that we currently have 244 members, that's $0.81 per member which I would think is quite realistic.What does everyone else think?

--
Charles Bamboo
@charles-bamboo
14 years ago
3 posts
Tatiana,I agree, we should raise for the whole year's amount. As for videos I think you can upload them through youtube and still share it on the site with the pro account. But let's see how much we raise. If 10 people put in $20 we'll already raise that amount.You've been doing a terrific job Tatiana, for starting and creating and maintaining this site. We all should be paying you!Do count me in on the support of this site and great work Tatiana!
Docteur Panacek
@docteur-panacek
14 years ago
69 posts
Dear Tatiana,count me in as well. This site is great and it would be a loss if you had to close it down.Pekel.
Lord Myron de Verne
@lord-myron-de-verne
14 years ago
113 posts
Thank you Tatiana, for taking such great care of us!Of course, as I said before, I will contribute . I Just need to know how, where and when:)Unless... we might ask the Count of Cagliostro, who knows the secret to change mud into gold, to pay the whole Ning fee with some dust gathered in the Courts, after transforming it in an ounce of the precious and shiny yellow metal?Isn't it a GRAND Idea?Thanks again:)
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 years ago
1,919 posts
Hello :)Thank you to everyone for their comments & support! I have started a new thread with information about donations at: Support Royal Courts Ning Site so please take a look.

--